Shire vs Pars- William Hill Scottish Cup 3rd Round

Urquhart taken off (groin) as a precaution last night.

Was said not to be much of an issue but he's been carrying it since before the ayr game so it may be an idea to just leave him out this week.

Perhaps if martin is to be rested Millen can play there?

Awaits seethe

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the best thing JJ could do is get us into an old fashioned 442, as suggested already by dafcburty and grant228. Get the players working as pairs all over the park. Too often we huff an puff but offer little creativity and are sunk by really simple football from opponents.

Essentially JJ just needs to mix a Bert Paton defence and midfield with a poor man's Brewster and Crawford (lets call them Smith and Moffat). Give the players something tried, trusted and blindingly simple.

It's the same every week - disappointed on a Saturday night. Grouchy Sunday. Still grouchy Monday. A wee bit more philosophical by the middle of the week.

Today I've visions of Jefferies masterminding a slick performance on Sunday, with two full backs and two wingers marauding and setting up chance after chance for the prolific Moff & partner.

Still, I'm boxing this weekend so hopefully a good black eye or two will limit my vision of the horrors that will inevitably be on show on the park.

Potential upset here. Our players are currently playing like they have never met each other and our manager should be in the stand with a tartan blanket and absolutely no influence over picking his dinner never mind our team.

Genuine lol at that one.

In the past 20 years, how many times has it took either of the OF to knock us out? I'd rate that figure highly. Maybe 15/20? This obviously means it's our year to lift the cup...Sorry, Shire.

Beaten in to the pub by the ground by 2 other folk! I think they're locals here to watch the Manchester derby so I claim victory.

Anyway, f**k that English Premiership pish. East Stirlingshire vs The Pars is where it's at! I'm oddly excited by this game!

Archived