Linlithgow Rose v Raith Rovers

Rovers1992/1993

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who mentioned anything about us reaching the final? A large number of us can't see us making it to the next round, never mind the final :lol:

Think it's reference to Queens reaching the final after beating them in 2008...

This certainly won't be an easy game. We've only had three meetings from teams outside from the SFL. In recent years (well, since 2008) we've played Threave Rovers (skelped them 5-0), Wick Academy (won 4-2 after drawing 1-1 and 2-2 at times), before most recently playing Deveronvale where we scraped past with a 2-1 win through a 25 yard Brian Graham free kick in the 90th minute.

Linlithgow have a squad littered with former SFL players who'll be looking to show they can still compete against players from that level. The tight pitch will probably cause us a few issues. By and large, we've been relying on our wide players to do damage recently (our goal on Saturday was involving our two wingers). Our centre midfield generally aren't very attacking either.

Depsite all thats been said, anything other than a win would be a disappointment. While we've been very negative so far prior to the game, and how much stick Murray has been getting, we need the players to stand up and be counted here. As mentioned, I really do hope Callachan and Vaughan get starts. Both have been on the fringes so far this season, when they really deserve to be getting more pitch time. Callachan in particular never hides during the game, and offers more going forward than either of our other midfielders. Injury time at the end of the game isn't going to help him now. He needs far more game time.

just wondering how you went about sharing out the 60 tickets, that were made available for the social club.

Oh I don't know, would need to ask someone on the committee, my guess would be that folk on the bus will get some but not sure what happens with spares.

Archived