Spartans v Clyde

To be fair with some of the garbage that our fans spout during games its good to see that someone having a go back at them as some of the stuff the so called fans shout at the players or management at times is a disgrace.

They need to rise above it. The one thing that will happen when he reacts is people will not pay to watch them. Fickle but fact. There are already people saying they wont watch again until he has gone. Has he never been criticised before? I'm sure the RFC (old club now deceased) fans named him "backwards Barry"

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry lads - None of this was Ferguson's fault and he has a plan:

“They are lucky January’s two months away. That is not the team that I train and set up. No chance. That’s bottom-of-the-league material that. I’m not accepting it. I need to go with under-20s until the start of January. Then I can make a lot of changes.”

Top stuff from Barry. That will rally the troops nicely. :lol:

On Ferguson's red card; there's no excusing what he has apparently done. However, as everyone knows, our fans are amongst the worst in Scotland in terms of the vitriol and bile that they dish out on a weekly basis.

Don't think I'll get any arguments now when I say we miss McCluskey though.

The happy-clapping contingent of the support at every club in the country make this claim. It's invariably utter bollocks.

As for McCluskey, he's a pathetic excuse for a footballer and you're welcome to take him back. Please, we beg you. Truly one of the worst players I've ever had the misfortune to see at Cappielow, which is quite an achievement.

As usual the Clyde uber fans appear being critical of other fans as I have said before maybe they should all get together a write a definitive guide to supporting Clyde properly????

One of the guys he allegedly told to F*** off I have never heard go overboard on criticism of players managers in fact probably the opposite , but there are people patting ferguson on the back for giving him the old shut up and f*** off nice one

I can only say what I know from others.

He told a fan to "shut up and f**k off"

Same fan who allegedly is a helper of the club. How to alienate people in one fell swoop. His Dad is fuming and will likely result in some kind of complaint. It was also spoken about on Radio.

Who's gonna were the bull suit now?

ScottR96????

Don't worry lads - None of this was Ferguson's fault and he has a plan:

“They are lucky January’s two months away. That is not the team that I train and set up. No chance. That’s bottom-of-the-league material that. I’m not accepting it. I need to go with under-20s until the start of January. Then I can make a lot of changes.”

First, congratulations to Spartans which I forgot to say earlier

Second, if there was little between the two teams, that's worse than the score. Especially as this kind of performance isn't in isolation

That quote together with a couple other incidents yesterday should at least have the manager receiving a request for a cup of tea and a wee chat. It again shows inexperience. Big difference in saying not pleased with the performance and score & going to that extent. And as others have said, the majority of these players were signed by him

You hire an inexperienced manager, it's a risk. You're hoping your luck's in, sometimes it is, sometimes it doesn't work out. But given the comments a year or two ago about the dangers of the "trap door" coming in, why would you take that risk in the first season it's in place? And he plans putting the responsibility of avoiding that on the shoulders of the Under 20's for a couple of months?

Cup shocks happen.....was it a shock really....but there's a lot more going on here. You get a gold star for clearing the debt, fair enough. That doesn't buy you forever to get something else right

They need to rise above it. The one thing that will happen when he reacts is people will not pay to watch them. Fickle but fact. There are already people saying they wont watch again until he has gone. Has he never been criticised before? I'm sure the RFC (old club now deceased) fans named him "backwards Barry"

The press will never hound him just like they will not be critical of fat boy Sally.

Don't worry though Barry will have plenty to say about Sevco drawing Sellick in the cup in the papers.

Do Clyde fans think he will actually play the under 20s?

I'd rather the under 20s coaching staff were put in charge of the first team.. The players might then get an inkling of how to play as a team.

Wasnt overly impressed when BF appointed but FFS grow a pair ! Having heard the "constructive" shouts from the stands for weeks now it appears that a lot of these folk know hee-haw about the game and im not surprised he snapped. Tbh honest id rather do well in the league than get a cup run so wont lose sleep over this. Heard utter garbage from twitter and in here about why they wont go back ranging from BF shouting at them....BF voting No in the indyref....because we "might" ammend the name........FFS getvoff your arses and support the CLUB not individual issues or the club has no chance of doing anything !!

Wasnt overly impressed when BF appointed but FFS grow a pair ! Having heard the "constructive" shouts from the stands for weeks now it appears that a lot of these folk know hee-haw about the game and im not surprised he snapped. Tbh honest id rather do well in the league than get a cup run so wont lose sleep over this. Heard utter garbage from twitter and in here about why they wont go back ranging from BF shouting at them....BF voting No in the indyref....because we "might" ammend the name........FFS getvoff your arses and support the CLUB not individual issues or the club has no chance of doing anything !!

Great support through yesterday and the team looked as if they were at a pre season friendly works both ways

Piss poor attitude yesterday

The situation at the club is becoming seriously embarrassing and also very confusing. The result yesterday was terrible but the issues that surrounded the game (BF arguing with the Clyde fans and then getting sent to the stand) and then his comments in today's papers make it even worse.

Jim Duffy re-signed 16 players from last seasons squad for this season and then left. BF comes in and adds Scott Durie, Scott McManus, David Gray & David Sinclair. Then about a week prior to the transfer window closing he decides to have a major overhaul of the squad and releases 5 or 6 players and brings in a number of loan signings and a couple of permanent signings.

We then move on with the second "new" squad of the season and he then starts to bin players like Barclay, Marsh, McQueen, Daily, McKinnon etc. These players and the players he released were ever present last year and whatever way you look at it we did well last season.

In regards to his comments in today's papers, they are laughable but also extremely worrying. He is planning another overhaul of the squad in January!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From the starting eleven yesterday, eight of the players were BF signings. Aldo Martin, Scott Durie, Aidan McIlduff, David Sinclair, David Gray, Stephen O'Donnell, Euan Smith & Scott McManus. He also made three substitutions and two of them Halkett & Gibson were his signings. Also, he has been playing Frances and Watt every week but last season these two players hardly kicked a ball. He has also been playing McQueen recently after he totally killed him earlier in the season by dropping him not just to the bench but also to the stand. Players like Marsh and Daily can't even get on the bench, what is this guy playing at.

Clyde is a great club and now with the financial stability we should be moving forward but with BF in charge I am extremely worried. Spartans should be winning the lowland league and if the worst case happened of us finishing bottom of League 2, I truly fear we could not beat Spartans over two legs. I watch a lot of Clyde U20 matches and for me I would install Lee Sharp and Paddy Keogh as the First Team management staff sooner rather than later. They both played for the club and want the best for Clyde FC not them as individuals, and if you go along to the U20 matches they work great together. Lee is the quiet and unassuming manager who really knows his stuff and Paddy is the motivator who gets the boys going.

Just want the best for Clyde FC after the years of hurt the fans have had to endure.

The situation at the club is becoming seriously embarrassing and also very confusing. The result yesterday was terrible but the issues that surrounded the game (BF arguing with the Clyde fans and then getting sent to the stand) and then his comments in today's papers make it even worse.

Jim Duffy re-signed 16 players from last seasons squad for this season and then left. BF comes in and adds Scott Durie, Scott McManus, David Gray & David Sinclair. Then about a week prior to the transfer window closing he decides to have a major overhaul of the squad and releases 5 or 6 players and brings in a number of loan signings and a couple of permanent signings.

We then move on with the second "new" squad of the season and he then starts to bin players like Barclay, Marsh, McQueen, Daily, McKinnon etc. These players and the players he released were ever present last year and whatever way you look at it we did well last season.

In regards to his comments in today's papers, they are laughable but also extremely worrying. He is planning another overhaul of the squad in January!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From the starting eleven yesterday, eight of the players were BF signings. Aldo Martin, Scott Durie, Aidan McIlduff, David Sinclair, David Gray, Stephen O'Donnell, Euan Smith & Scott McManus. He also made three substitutions and two of them Halkett & Gibson were his signings. Also, he has been playing Frances and Watt every week but last season these two players hardly kicked a ball. He has also been playing McQueen recently after he totally killed him earlier in the season by dropping him not just to the bench but also to the stand. Players like Marsh and Daily can't even get on the bench, what is this guy playing at.

Clyde is a great club and now with the financial stability we should be moving forward but with BF in charge I am extremely worried. Spartans should be winning the lowland league and if the worst case happened of us finishing bottom of League 2, I truly fear we could not beat Spartans over two legs. I watch a lot of Clyde U20 matches and for me I would install Lee Sharp and Paddy Keogh as the First Team management staff sooner rather than later. They both played for the club and want the best for Clyde FC not them as individuals, and if you go along to the U20 matches they work great together. Lee is the quiet and unassuming manager who really knows his stuff and Paddy is the motivator who gets the boys going.

Just want the best for Clyde FC after the years of hurt the fans have had to endure.

Great post.

I totally agree this clown hasn't a clue what he's doing.

Are we better or worse than when he took over?

Undoubtedly worse.

Is the team spirit better or worse?

Non-existent now I would say.

But at least the players get energy drinks now they didn't get before :lol: .

Archived