It's all kicking off in Canada

On 09/06/2020 at 02:54, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Most cities on earth are dull like that. The same concrete architecture, traffic jams, mobs of obnoxious people and generic restaurants.
Canada's centrepiece is the outdoors. The Canadian Rockies are a fantastic place.

No they aren’t.

Agreed re the outdoors, and not just the Rockies either.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I was reading this earlier. Being able to draw that much cash and having authentic looking police cars are huge alarm bells.

I've got a feeling this will be like the Vegas shooter where it the investigation goes nowhere and the whole thing gets memory hole'd.

2 hours ago, Torpar said:

The RCMP are a total gang! Their "Mr Big" technique is mental. And they seem to be absolute c**nts to first nations people and have been since they were formed. Also not big fans of Quebec separatists. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_controversies_involving_the_Royal_Canadian_Mounted_Police#Early_controversies

I loved Due South as a kid as well.  

TV just lies and lies and lies. 

7 hours ago, Torpar said:

The RCMP are a total gang! Their "Mr Big" technique is mental. And they seem to be absolute c**nts to first nations people and have been since they were formed. Also not big fans of Quebec separatists. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_controversies_involving_the_Royal_Canadian_Mounted_Police#Early_controversies

A couple of those stories give a different slant to the name Mountie.

• 11 months later...
On 20/06/2020 at 14:48, Detournement said:

I was reading this earlier. Being able to draw that much cash and having authentic looking police cars are huge alarm bells.

I've got a feeling this will be like the Vegas shooter where it the investigation goes nowhere and the whole thing gets memory hole'd.

I had forgotten about that vegas shooter, i guess they still have no clue about any reasons why etc?

I would have thought its quite rare for that to be the case but maybe its not

Edited by BigDoddyKane

7 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

I had forgotten about that vegas shooter, i guess they still have no clue about any reasons why etc?

I would have thought its quite rare for that to be the case but maybe its not

They never found the hard drive from his laptop which might have helped them figure it out. 

As always with America there is loads of weird stuff around the margins of the story. MGM own the hotel and loads of big players sold or shorted their stock just before the incident and there has been subsequent violent/mysterious deaths of quite a few survivors. 

Edited by Detournement

Just now, Detournement said:

They never found the hard drive from his laptop which might have helped them figure it out. 

As always with America there is loads of weird stuff around the margins of the story. MGM own the hotel and loads of big players sold or shorted their stock just before the incident and there has been subsequent violent/mysterious deaths of quite a few survivors. 

I remember now reading of some unlucky soul went from the vegas shooting to the California bar shooting that happened not that long after

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like the Catholic church have yet more explaining to do this time in Canada. 

Also seems to have prompted an inquest and revolt against the colonial activities of the first settlers from Europe with Queen Vic and Queen Liz statues getting toppled.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/report-751-bodies-found-indigenous-school-canada-78466234

7 hours ago, 101 said:

Seems like the Catholic church have yet more explaining to do this time in Canada. 

Also seems to have prompted an inquest and revolt against the colonial activities of the first settlers from Europe with Queen Vic and Queen Liz statues getting toppled.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/report-751-bodies-found-indigenous-school-canada-78466234

Bit strange 

Not like they are going to give the lands back to the native peoples

8 hours ago, Binos said:

Bit strange 

Not like they are going to give the lands back to the native peoples

This has nothing to do with getting land back mate. There are hundreds of unsettled law suits regarding land settlement in BC, but on the whole they do have full control of their lands here and this is not about that at all.

This is about accountability , first nations peoples want answers and so do most right minded Canadians . They also want proper investigations about the mass graves that they have known about but said f**k all about They want DNA testing to identify these children and how they died. Its raw as f**k right now, many folk don't think there is enough done by the government to investigate and even take down monuments of people responsible for the residential school system.

The Federal and Provincial governments have previous when dealing ( or not ) with First Nations sensitive issues   ie fucking nothing or dragging heels.

Google the Highway of Tears , at least 40 indigenous women went missing on an isolated highway way up north over a period of years, also Robert Picktons pig farm murders ....clear systemic racism.

25 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

An entire town burnt down.

That was brutal , Lytton making history then wiped off the face of the earth three days later.

It was horrendous on Monday in Vancouver, 52c on my balcony and 31c in the Living Room.

I lived in my air conditioned bedroom for 2 days like a fucking serial killer, blinds closed walking about in the scud not knowing what time it was inhaling edibles every few hours to get through it.

I didn't lose my house though. And its not even proper fire season yet. Could be a terrible summer ahead.

4 minutes ago, VanCityHibee said:

This has nothing to do with getting land back mate. There are hundreds of unsettled law suits regarding land settlement in BC, but on the whole they do have full control of their lands here and this is not about that at all.

This is about accountability , first nations peoples want answers and so do most right minded Canadians . They also want proper investigations about the mass graves that they have known about but said f**k all about They want DNA testing to identify these children and how they died. Its raw as f**k right now, many folk don't think there is enough done by the government to investigate and even take down monuments of people responsible for the residential school system.

The Federal and Provincial governments have previous when dealing ( or not ) with First Nations sensitive issues   ie fucking nothing or dragging heels.

Google the Highway of Tears , at least 40 indigenous women went missing on an isolated highway way up north over a period of years, also Robert Picktons pig farm murders ....clear systemic 

The tearing down of statues I was referring to 

Lamenting the colonial beginning of the country is an empty rhetoric as returning it to the native peoples will  never happen