East Fife v Berwick

Yellow Feet

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the SFA come down hard on East Fife after this complete meltdown. Surely a fine for failing to control their players, it was an absolute embarrassment to watch. Thought the referee and his assistants handled the game well given the awful tactics East Fife implemented. The East Fife fans' meltdown towards the end at the pitch side was also comical to watch.

I hope the SFA come down hard on East Fife after this complete meltdown. Surely a fine for failing to control their players, it was an absolute embarrassment to watch. Thought the referee and his assistants handled the game well given the awful tactics East Fife implemented. The East Fife fans' meltdown towards the end at the pitch side was also comical to watch.

What was embarrassing to watch was the cheating Berwick players and the worst performance I've ever seen by a referee and linesman.

The game was a good watch until the ref made an absolute howler of a decision to award Berwick a spot kick. Two of the red cards were also a joke. The linesman and ref should not be allowed on another football park again.

What was embarrassing to watch was the cheating Berwick players and the worst performance I've ever seen by a referee and linesman.

Seething. I was hoping someone would come on and just say we deserved nothing and our players lost the plot but to try and defend what happened and pass the blame is pretty poor.

Can't wait for a detailed report. Will also now make the trip north from Redcar for next weeks game at Shire on the strength of that.

Well done Berwick (3-2 up before any of the red cards). When's the draw?

Seething. I was hoping someone would come on and just say we deserved nothing and our players lost the plot but to try and defend what happened and pass the blame is pretty poor.

If you think that was a penalty you and the ref are the only people in the stadium who did. As bad as the stand side linesman was he looked on in disbelieve at the refs decision. One of the reds was for trying to take a quick throw and Berwick player puts his hand up . East Fife player knocks his hand down then ref produces a red. I think the injustice of the penalty decision set the tone for the rest of the game. There wasn't a shot at the goals 2nd half , apart from the ridiculous penalty decision. I think you would have lost the plot if you ere playing in a game that a ref makes so many horrendous errors of judgement. Good luck in the next round.

I would defend the players, except 1 for all that happened today. Ross Gray is all about the stuff we don't want to see in football. Unfortunately, Craig Charleston had one of his characteristic, abysmal performances today, which linked perfectly to Grays cheating.

In normal circumstances, I would always wish our opponents good luck in the next round, and to be fair, other than the aforementioned Gray, your player's did well in what was an excellent game, right up to the penalty.

I have played, coached and watched at all levels for 40yrs, and never seen such a poor display by the officials. (far side assistant did nothing wrong).

Archived