Big Motherwell Administration Thread

Should Stuart Regan be gossiping about the financial situation of member clubs.

Strikes me as a bit unprofessional.

Then again, that doesnt surprise me in the slightest.

Apparently the £1m has been put up by this Les Hutchinson guy to back the Well Society (soft loan possibly?).

Talk of him looking for his daughter to get some sort of role at club - Although, this was in The Sun.

Think the club strategy has been: Top 6, cup run, sell a player.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possibly covered already here, but can't be bothered looking back

Stewart Regan said to someone that represents a Highland League club at a recent meeting that Motherwell have staked the playing budget on finishing no lower than 6th.

He added that They would have major problems if they finish lower than that unless finance is found.

I hope it all works out for Motherwell, good team with good fans on here

Seeing as we have lost close to a Million over the last 3 seasons, it would appear we were budgeting to win the league, rather than just finishing 6th.

Should Stuart Regan be gossiping about the financial situation of member clubs.

Strikes me as a bit unprofessional.

Then again, that doesnt surprise me in the slightest.

My first thoughts too.

The budgeting through the Dempster years was nothing short of diabolical. The budget was set for a Top 6 finish and a Quarter-Final appearence in the Cups. Very much a high risk, very little reward as it turned out.

All it was going to take was one bad season and we would be struggling, as we're now seeing. Thankfully, it appears the "Billionaire Tycoon" (otherwise known as a Retired guy who married a Billionaire) is stumping up some cash to see us through.

Sounds a dodgy claim if it was 'someone' representing a Highland League team. Anyone can represent anything - I can attend a conference on behalf of the company I work for but I doubt anyone senior would (or has!) dragged me to one side and asked me for or tells me some really important insider information about another firm. I don't have much time for the SFA and their rotten management of the Sevco fraud but I doubt he has just blabbed to 'someone' on such a crucial pece of info.

Is it really gossip if he is repeating what has been said at a public meeting? Leanne was never shy about her strategy but we barely shifted a player and had a cup run for the last 4 seasons. We have 0 sell-able players right now.

I hope the Well Society thing works out but I feel if Les Hutchinson is going to be back it with loans and his daughter will be in a leading role he is effectively in control of the club, owner in all but name. This opens us up to the Livingstone situation where the financial backing can be pulled out from under us, I would prefer he bought the club then we would have assurances that he is here for the long haul.

We can't go into administration...we have no bank debt and don't owe any money to any creditors.

He was asked about it in an interview and he very openly said they were bought as a way to possibly make some cash if Rangers got back on their feet and he sold them, and acknowledged that that's now looking like a mistake. Stated that if there was any problem he'd quite happily get rid of them tomorrow if needs be.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30463715

He has given an interest free loan to the well society, which, along with his purchase of sevco shares, doesn't give me a great deal if faith in his business sense.

Aye, very good. He's a millionaire. He wouldn't be if he didn't get it right most of the time. Who would ever have predicted Rangers going into administration?

Aye, very good. He's a millionaire. He wouldn't be if he didn't get it right most of the time. Who would ever have predicted Rangers going into administration?

Correct. Its easy to be critical of people's business decisions with the benefit of hindsight but the guy didn't become a millionaire for nothing.

Correct. Its easy to be critical of people's business decisions with the benefit of hindsight but the guy didn't become a millionaire for nothing.

Anybody that wants to put money into Scottish football is clearly a smart man with his finger on the pulse.

You guys crack me up

He has given an interest free loan to the well society, which, along with his purchase of sevco shares, doesn't give me a great deal if faith in his business sense.

He bought the Rangers shares as a shot to nothing, as he more than clearly explains. Rangers manage to get back to where they started, he makes a wad of cash. Rangers don't, then c'est la vie...it's not a large enough amount (to him) to bother about.

Im sure we've all fired on a bet we could afford to lose, just on the off-chance that it won.

Anybody that wants to put money into Scottish football is clearly a smart man with his finger on the pulse.

You guys crack me up

The non promotion thing still getting to you?

Archived