League Cup Semi-Final Draw - 5:05PM, Saturday 1st November

AberDon

Thing is Celtic are no great shakes either, yes they seem to have got their act together recently but an OF tie here could be great and interesting viewing. A United v Aberdeen semi would also be class.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing is Celtic are no great shakes either, yes they seem to have got their act together recently but an OF tie here could be great and interesting viewing. A United v Aberdeen semi would also be class.

An old firm semi final clash would be carnage, too much pent up hatred over the last 3 years. I suppose it would have had to happen some point.

Also I doubt there would be any boycott from the Rangers support either which would render their previous efforts at boycotting a complete waste of time, but then why put belief and values ahead of bigot rage and blind stupidity when it comes to their rivals Celtic. ;)

I don't think they are any weaker than Aberdeen, and certainly not by "some distance".

I'd expect Rangers to win against them and even Dundee United.

In a one off game anything can happen, but over a season as your suggesting is nonsense. For example Hibs beat you 3-1 a couple of weeks ago yet I doubt many would claim Hibs are stronger than Rangers over the season.

What you are witnessing is what's known as a cup run, it happens to teams lower down the leagues every now and then where they knock out teams over one game further up the leagues. Albion Rovers had one last season in the Scottish cup and I'm sure their fans managed to get their heads around that concept and enjoyed it while it lasted.

I never "suggested" anything about Rangers finishing ahead of any other team after 38 games.

All I said was Rangers were not weaker than Aberdeen or Dundee United, which they aren't.

But now that you mention it... would Rangers finish ahead of Aberdeen and Dundee United?... Probably. Aberdeen are something like 6th in the table for goodness sakes. :)

And rangers are 2nd in the diddy league.

I never "suggested" anything about Rangers finishing ahead of any other team after 38 games.

All I said was Rangers were not weaker than Aberdeen or Dundee United, which they aren't.

But now that you mention it... would Rangers finish ahead of Aberdeen and Dundee United?... Probably. Aberdeen are something like 6th in the table for goodness sakes. :)

So you think Rangers are a top 6 team now? :lol:

Aberdeen are only 4 points behind the leaders and only 1 behind Celtic after 11 games and you are fixated on the idea that Rangers are good enough for the top six but because Aberdeen are sixth not because of the points they have accumulated and how far they are off the top, they are the ones that are pushed out of the top six in your thought process to accommodate your delusion. :lol:

Not had a look at all the bookies, but skybet have them as second favourites to win the trophy.

Aberdeen currently priced at a very generous 5/1.

The bookies are no mugs....unlike the company supporters

;)

The deluded gullible bears will get taken cleaner yet again.

I mean jeez, Rangers fans = its like a money tree that just keeps on giving.

:lol:

From what ive seen Celtic and Aberdeen are the clear favourites, depends on what version of Rangers and United turn up fpr their chances

When asked questions about the possibility of meeting Rangers for the first time since their formation in 2012, Deila insisted he was not bothered about which team Celtic come out of Saturday’s draw with.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11787/9540575/scottish-league-cup-ronny-deila-is-not-bothered-who-celtic-play-in-the-last-four

I expect sky to be getting lots of angry letters about subscriptions being cancelled tomorrow :lol:

k

Thats not what it says lol.

Archived