Renfrew Ground

Sharpal27

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its looking good and I agree that western park had seen better days but it still saddens me a wee bit in seeing these carbon copies being churned out for junior teams rather than grounds being unique .

Best wishes to Renfrew though and they are a good club with good people.

a couple of pictures taken today. One showing the first of the floodlights going up. There will be 6 in total, one in each of the four corners and one at either side of the half way line. The 2nd picture shows the pitch from the Normandy Hotel end looking back towards the town centre. The pitch has now been fully installed. Clubhouse and covered terrace should arrive next week. Contractor due to complete their work by next Friday.

post-40448-0-42435900-1424204797_thumb.j

post-40448-0-79926200-1424204811_thumb.j

a couple of pictures taken today. One showing the first of the floodlights going up. There will be 6 in total, four in the corner and two at the half way line. The 2nd picture shows the pitch from the Normandy Hotel end looking back towards the town centre. The pitch has now been fully installed. Clubhouse and covered terrace should arrive next week. Contractor due to complete their work by next Friday.

Four in the corner? Would you not be better spreading them out a wee bit?

a couple of pictures taken today. One showing the first of the floodlights going up. There will be 6 in total, four in the corner and two at the half way line. The 2nd picture shows the pitch from the Normandy Hotel end looking back towards the town centre. The pitch has now been fully installed. Clubhouse and covered terrace should arrive next week. Contractor due to complete their work by next Friday.

I had a nosey at the weekend, it's looking good.

What I don't get is why the floodlight pylon at the halfway line is directly in front of the enclosure while the corner ones are set back? Otherwise looks excellent! Is it all set up for sfa licencing or have Renfrew no interest in this?

MTLN. I think I read that the enclosure was for 200 people but can't find where I got it from

Another photo from today. Work was due to finish this week, but because of expected high winds the delivery and installation of the modular building, which will be our clubhouse, was postponed. The supplier will try again next week so fingers crossed for better conditions. The pitch is down and lined, and the rubber crumb infill will continue to go in. All 6 floodlight masts are up, and dug outs are anchored in. Tarmac has been applied around three sides of the park, with the final part due once the clubhouse is in place, at which point the final section of fence will be installed to enclose the ground. The turnstile building is on its foundations and the covered terrace will be delivered w/c 16th February.

post-40448-0-28253800-1424984173_thumb.j

post-40448-0-65578800-1424985006_thumb.j

post-40448-0-71166300-1424985049_thumb.j

What I don't get is why the floodlight pylon at the halfway line is directly in front of the enclosure while the corner ones are set back? Otherwise looks excellent! Is it all set up for sfa licencing or have Renfrew no interest in this?

MTLN. I think I read that the enclosure was for 200 people but can't find where I got it from

Not in a position to answer your questions re specifications. However, like you I was surprised to see the floodlight in front of the viewing area. I guess it is possibly there because it would interefere with the covered enclosure if it was further back from where it is.

The floodlights are there because on the original drawing the back of the stand formed part of the perimeter fence, and therefore there wasn't any space behind it to site a floodlight mast. We've since asked for the fence to be completed behind the stand which will sit slightly forward of that point, but unfortunately not in time to change the floodlight position.

Archived