UKIP

Im_Rodger

I see that I'm talking to people who don't know anything about history or indeed its habit of repeating itself. Until there are some people who take the time to read and understand, I'm out.....Most of you are thick

Go to Germany or read about her history. Or tell them not to breastfeed in public and to throw out all the immigrants....

The problem with people like you is that you base the future on the past. No wonder right-wing politics are so far outdated. The politics aim to change nothing, despite past failures. It's like repeating the same mistakes over and over again (to stay true to the past) and expecting different results.

:rolleyes:

This guys is the most stupid of all posters and that's including SSI, Panda, Colgimbecile and Baxter......sheeeeeeeeesh

You're given him far more credit than he's due.

His history is warped as f**k - and in many cases completely fabricated.

Right wing policies will always be relevant - they just shift the goal-posts. Left wing folk argue and campaign for a more progressive society and eventually society catches up. At that point those on the right, who opposed the changes originally, adapt and pretend that they supported them all along (democracy for men, democracy for women, the welfare state, gay rights). Every step forward has to be fought tooth and nail as those who hold the power and influence refuse to budge.

The difference with WM now is that there is no left wing alternative. The undemocratic nature if the system has led to a homogenised politics - what has become known as the neoliberal consensus.

UKIP garner support because in many respects they are outsiders (even although they're not). You don't have to scratch too far beneath the surface to see through their anti-establishment claims.

The problem I have. UKIP at least have purpose, be it a shite one.

What's Labour's purpose? Cringey/shitey PR stunts? 'Good' austerity?

And then the Lib Dems. Why would someone vote for them? Seriously, why?

Edited by HaikuHibee

Labour's purpose is simply to be in power again.

There might be a radical if you dig deep enough with Miliband but he has absolutely no bottle to lead from the front. Although to be fair he realises that a move to the left will not see him win a FPTP election in Britain. The south west is too conservative and it takes Blairite policies for Labour to do well there.

Labour's purpose is simply to be in power again.

There might be a radical if you dig deep enough with Miliband but he has absolutely no bottle to lead from the front. Although to be fair he realises that a move to the left will not see him win a FPTP election in Britain. The south west is too conservative and it takes Blairite policies for Labour to do well there.

I am not so sure. Name one Miliband policy... that's left/radical.

The Greens are the obvious alternative. But sadly, people are far too simple to support them. They would rather back a party that just points at one thing and blames everything on that one thing, instead of accepting responsibility and their own role in a broken society.

The Greens will never have enough support to do well in a FPTP system. Lucas did fantastically well to win her seat and it would be a massive triumph if she managed to hold on to it.

I am not so sure. Name one Miliband policy... that's left/radical.

That's my point. For whatever reason (probably the significant union support and his father's radical beliefs) there's a part of me that reckons he's putting on an act in order to try and get elected (I understand that every politician does this but with someone like Blair you knew he was convinced by the shit he spouted).

But I don't think he'll ever stand up to the advisors who are telling him what to do and what to say.

That's my point. For whatever reason (probably the significant union support and his father's radical beliefs) there's a part of me that reckons he's putting on an act in order to try and get elected (I understand that every politician does this but with someone like Blair you knew he was convinced by the shit he spouted).

But I don't think he'll ever stand up to the advisors who are telling him what to do and what to say.

Stand up and say what? The guy has no politics. That is what I mean.

Do they now?

Maybe at one point but the 'people's army' has recruited so many swivel eyed loons and coonsull-estate fuhrers that it must be difficult to know what they're all about - the EU? (Despite being funded by them to a large extent) Immigrants? Gays and their weather? Traffic jams? Breastfeeding? Maternity pay? The NHS?

Do they now?

Maybe at one point but the 'people's army' has recruited so many swivel eyed loons and coonsull-estate fuhrers that it must be difficult to know what they're all about - the EU? (Despite being funded by them to a large extent) Immigrants? Gays and their weather? Traffic jams? Breastfeeding? Maternity pay? The NHS?

Maybe you're right mate. Its all standard far right bollocks. Well, at least to me.

Edited by HaikuHibee