Irvine Meadow vs Kilbirnie Ladeside 27/12/14

meadowx1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've even taken time out your Christmas to get rattled at me. Lawl

And You've took time out your Christmas to come on here and monitor and remark about someone who's been rattled at your opinions of you butterbean . :lol: :lol:

Ps , my excuse for being on here is to try and speak to talbot fans and promote our game. ;)

Not really got an issue with this, most clubs are unable to provide two covered areas if a bit of segregation is required.

Feel a bit for the old boys right enough especially if the weather is bad.

Travelling support will be less than usual anyway due to

Young team have spent all their dosh.

Lack of momentum due to run of poor results.

Fair to say the bobbies at the game will have a quiet afternoon.

Usually look forward to a trip to Medda park but not this time.

You've even taken time out your Christmas to get rattled at me. Lawl

Did you no post on the General Nonsense forum that you got engaged on Christmas morn? , yet your on here trying to noise people up that very same night!! Your burds a very lucky lady lol. :lol:

Congratulations anyway !!

Last few games f#ck off there's been one notorious game and that's it.....so all the kilbirnie old boys 60 70 year olds who follow the team home and away for years have to suffer because of a one off game when already has been stated police presence can form a segregation in the stand

Segregation is bolloks in junior fitba.Ladeside fans banned fae stand and social club are they also banned fae pie shop and toilets ?.Got drooned at Glens last season,Beith fans got drooned at Vale this season...ridiculous.. Better just to ban away fans altogether than treat them like shite....or half the facilities available, half the price.

Segregation is bolloks in junior fitba.Ladeside fans banned fae stand and social club are they also banned fae pie shop and toilets ?.Got drooned at Glens last season,Beith fans got drooned at Vale this season...ridiculous.. Better just to ban away fans altogether than treat them like shite....or half the facilities available, half the price.

I am sure the older Ladeside guys who need a seat will get one if they want. Anyone not acting like an idiot / drunk i dont think would be stopped going to the stand if it's pissing down. I am sure anyone can use the toilets and pie stall.

To be dry but cold tomorrow anyway.

I have never stood under cover at Kilbirnie as one cover taking up by young team near hill with other full with Ladeside fans. Never bothered me as usually been dry or put my hood up or got shelter under a brolly.

Here are some stats provided by Meadow supporter Ian King on Meadow v Kilbirnie. Would have been in the programme but none today due to Xmas break:

Meadow versus Kilbirnie Ladeside (up to and including 11/10/2014)

Todays league game is the 302nd competitive encounter between the clubs. This season's League Cup quarter-final on 1st September was the landmark 300th.

Only Kilwinning Rangers (314 games) have played Meadow more times than Kilbirnie Ladeside. In fact, apart from the temporary club closures during the two World Wars, only seasons 1909-10 and 2008-09 have failed to produce at least one fixture between the teams. The first ever meeting took place on 28th February 1903 in an Ayrshire Junior League game at Meadow Park. The match was drawn 2-2. The return league fixture should have been the first home game for Kilbirnie but the match was changed to Meadow Park. Kilbirnie's first home game against Meadow was an Irvine Herald Cup semi-final replay on 20th February 1904. Ladeside won 5-3 but lost out to Kilwinning Rangers in the final. The biggest winning margin between the clubs is five goals and both sides have recorded a few of these. The highest aggregate score is twelve goals in Meadow's 8-4 victory in a Moore Trophy game on 22nd March 1941. The tie was a two leg affair and the total goals over both games amounted to twenty-one, with Meadow winning the return match 5-4 on 19th April.

Total Games 301

Meadow wins 159

Kilbirnie wins 92

Draws 50

Total League Encounters 191

Meadow wins 103

Kilbirnie wins 58

Draws 30

The Clubs have finished first and second in the league on five occasions.

1948-49 Meadow 41 points, Kilbirnie 35 points from 26 games.

1951-52 Kilbirnie 52 points, Meadow 49 points from 30 games.

1956-57 Meadow 49 points, Kilbirnie 43 points from 30 games.

1971-72 Kilbirnie 34 points, Meadow 29 points from 20 games.

1972-73 Meadow 34 points, Kilbirnie 29 points from 20 games.

Total Cup Encounters 110

Meadow wins 56

Kilbirnie wins 34

Draws 20

The clubs have, perhaps surprisingly, only met in six cup finals over the 111 years of competition. Meadow have won four and Kilbirnie two.

20/6/1928 Stirling Trophy - Meadow 2 v 1 Ladeside

3/5/1975 Ayrshire Cup - Meadow 1 v 1 Ladeside -

7/5/1975 replay - Ladeside 3 v 0 Meadow

10/5/1987 Cunningham District Cup - Meadow 1 v 2 Ladeside

11/5/1997 North Ayrshire Cup - Meadow 3 v 1 Ladeside

15/6/2003 North Ayrshire Cup - Ladeside 2 v 2 Meadow

(Meadow won 4-2 on penalties)

12/6/2010 Evening Times Cup - Ladeside 0 v 4 Meadow

Archived