Well v Dons Sky football Special 4/1/15

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuck in Edinburgh for this one. Anyone know of a decent city centre pub to watch this in?

Globe Bar on Niddrie Street is fair bet as usually a few Dons in there for live games although few of those who usually head there are heading to the game on Sunday.

AFC, full of confidence, on a great run, live on TV, chance to go 4 points above the mighty tim, being talked up by every belter the media can wheel out.

MFC, sh!te, nae confidence, just been rattled all over by their wee neighbours.

Shitfest 2 - 1 Motherwell it is then.

(being a glass half empty chap and 20 years of of misery it will take me another 20 to start believing every week, its ace when im proved wrong mind)

If Motherwell don't win this game I won't buy any more pies at a match ever again. Aye Alan Burrows - you reading this?

1-1 draw and Addie to loose a stone by the end of the season.

The Globe on Niddrie Street is usually a good bet. Projector screen, ok beer selection and usually has a decent amount of Aberdeen fans.

The Globe used to have a dons supporters group but last I heard they had severed ties with them due to rowdy behaviour in the bar. Drouthy Neebors usually has it on but is a bit of an atmosphere vacuum. Clerk's Bar is good for Scotland games but haven't been there for a Dandies one yet.

Looking forward to this one, but a bit nervous. There's bound to be a reaction from Motherwell after New Year's Day and what better motivation than giving the current league leaders a beating?!

For us, we need to play like New Year's Day and at Tannadice, taking control of the game in midfield and playing intelligently on the break. I have no doubt that if everyone is fit, no changes will be made. With McInnes taking Goodwillie and McGinn off at 1-0 on Thursday, as well as taking Pawlett off and having him immediately down the tunnel with Davie Wylie, we should see the same team again.

Rumoured that Flood may return to the fold, but he shouldn't walk straight into a team in the best league form in a generation. Hopefully a decent crowd travels for this but with it being on the TV the day before everyone goes back to work, I wouldn't count on a huge support down.

I expect a tough game, far tougher than in October and a big reaction from Motherwell. Hopefully we have too much for them on the day.

Reckon it will be 2-1 the Famous, with Rooney and Hayes scoring, Ojamma scoring for Motherwell.

It's funny how the fact that Motherwell got a pasting the other day makes me less confident than I would have been otherwise :lol:. They surely can't be that bad again.

Still though, I am confident that McInnes won't let us get complacent here. It would be magic to go 4 points clear, even it is only for a day.

Sigh, let's just get this over with and out of the way as quick as possible. I'm only going to this as its part of the Season Ticket. Aberdeen should bring at least 1500 and they will witness a comfortable victory.

2-0 Dons

1500. You are kidding right ?

2500 at least more like

It's funny how the fact that Motherwell got a pasting the other day makes me less confident than I would have been otherwise :lol:. They surely can't be that bad again.

Still though, I am confident that McInnes won't let us get complacent here. It would be magic to go 4 points clear, even it is only for a day.

Exactly, surely getting beat 5-0 would destroy a team's confidence?

Archived