Newmains United in danger

PumaKing

Gartcairn welcome to the juniors.

As you can read there are some people who like to spout the rules of the game when it suits them about poaching players and managers.

It happens all the time between the juniors and amateurs that there are players and sometimes officials who are poached to their teams.

The sad fact is at our level some amateur teams have got more to offer than the juniors.

I'm sure sometime Newmains may have poached a player from the amateurs, it goes on at all levels.

We lost a hole team and manager four weeks before a season started once.

If the manager has left then surely the priority must be a new coach as all this talk unsettled an already unsettled squad.

As for Gartcairn wait until you elected into the league then we will make you even more welcome.

Nice wee dig wee Albert, but just because someone disregarded the rules in the past to the detriment of Royal Albert doesn't mean that its fair play for all to do so.

Rules are their to protect clubs, & as a match secretary to come on and say that its fine because its happened to them in the past is shocking.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if you read what I said I didn't condone it, what I said was that it happens at all levels of football .

I wasn't complaining about losing a team and manager I wasn't happy but these things happen.

We had to build a team again. That is the way it happens in our league. It is very difficult to prove that players or officials have been tapped .

We go to amatuer teams and try to get their players if we can.

The thing is the allegations being made are completely different.

Gartcairn haven't poached the Newmains players, as they current dont have a team to play them in, their alleged to have played them in a game without the permission of their club, a club that have at least 10 games of their season left, players who have accepted signing on fees & are contracted to Newmains United, players who are insured by Newmains & could have sustained injury in that game.

Ten games is more that enough for Gartcairn to watch & rate these players without going down the path they chose on Monday.

I take it this can be classed as a trial game for next season - which could & should of been played in the close season if the case - & the players involved might still expect to play for Newmains this season.

Your completely right about it happening at all levels all the time, but it certainly doesn't make it right & in my opinion Gartcairn have shown a complete lack of respect to Newmains United by allowing this to happen if true.

Surely it's the players that are in the wrong then not Gartcairn, if they played on mon night and did so without their clubs permission.

Think both are at fault. In my opinion the players should honour the deal they have with Newmains United or ask to be freed & pay back any signing on fee, but if Gartcairn know that the players were signed by Newmains United, as a club they should not of let them play and respected the rule book. Show some integrity.

People should consider how they would feel if this was 5 players from their club acting in this manner & whether they'd feel that the club that played them in a bounce game without permission were right to act in such a manner.

Heard it's the players that's going to keep things going till end of season .

There captain and there experience defender. mc Gauley

Hope it works out and newmains see the season out best of luck

Are these 2 players who played in the Gartcairn trial game without club permission?

I believe coach Scott Cochrane has been asked to take the team.

Are these 2 players who played in the Gartcairn trial game without club permission?

Yes I was told theses two played that game !!

Sorry yea it's mc Gauley and Scott Cochrane looking after things ,

Was told different stories but who do u believe , people just talk

Will United be looking for a new manager Four Three Three, or is it just a case of hopefully seeing out this season & calling it time on the club?

Archived