World Famous Dundee United v Celtic, LC Final 15th March

banana

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a youtube video or two isn't exactly compelling evidence. As a fan who has been to hundreds of games I can tell you it tails off a lot near that part. Of the people singing it maybe 50% sing that part. That was definitely the case on Sunday. FWIW I like the song apart from that line as it kills the atmosphere temporarily anyway

50% - last I checked, that's not a 'minority'. Hmm...

a youtube video or two isn't exactly compelling evidence. As a fan who has been to hundreds of games I can tell you it tails off a lot near that part. Of the people singing it maybe 50% sing that part. That was definitely the case on Sunday. FWIW I like the song apart from that line as it kills the atmosphere temporarily anyway

So only half the Celtic support sympathises with terrorists, not even the minority the press try to tell us. At least you're honest though.

So only half the Celtic support sympathises with terrorists, not even the minority the press try to tell us. At least you're honest though.

It's less that half sing the add on, it is really annoying as its a great song and it gives fans of other teams the chance(quite rightly) to have a pop at us. There are never any rebel songs sung at home games it's just an away support problem. Hopefully over time it will die off but I've been hoping this for ages and it's still happening. We have plenty off great Celtic songs we can sing without resorting to these.

I said 50% of the people singing it. 20 odd thousand there on Sunday, it's not as if every single one was singing the song

Archived