Police Scotland

ICTChris

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Office worker, postman and latterly prison officer before joining police to give my family the financial security they deserve.

I find members of the public always think they know the law

So you got lucky in court well done.

Clearly you dealt with about 10000 cops at this time as you appear to know about most of the 15000 in the job.

No, I didn't get lucky. The judge and PF were pretty angry with the police, who managed to potentially compromise 2 unrelated cases during their incompetence in mine.

What was apparent to me though is the lack of resources. I'd guess it's a much harder job now than it was when you started.

No, I didn't get lucky. The judge and PF were pretty angry with the police, who managed to potentially compromise 2 unrelated cases during their incompetence in mine.

What was apparent to me though is the lack of resources. I'd guess it's a much harder job now than it was when you started.

That much we wiĺl agree on.

If anything we have less powers than we've ever had.

Some things we do better some we do worse.

You don't know to be an expert on the law to know Police Scotland stop and search policy is a scandal

Ok tell me what should the policy be?

Just let everybody do whatever they want?

Drugs is the scourge of housing schemes everywhere and everything should be done to rid Scotland of drugs whether personal use or not.

I've had people die in front of me due to be stabbed over a drugs debt.

Their faces still haunt me to this day as I tried my best to save them.

I am human and in noway an automan or robot.

Thankfully, no.... They are not all like that.

This one needs help.

You are right on that I do and am receiving help to cope with the horrors I have seen.

I suffer from severe depression and have even tried to take my own life more than once.

My job keeps me going.

I apologise if I was over the top but I do love ny job and do it to the best of my ability.

I am sorry if I offended anyone.

I will speak it over with my counseller as I get too passionate at times.

I am a good person if sometimes misguided!

Ok tell me what should the policy be?

Just let everybody do whatever they want?

Drugs is the scourge of housing schemes everywhere and everything should be done to rid Scotland of drugs whether personal use or not.

I've had people die in front of me due to be stabbed over a drugs debt.

Their faces still haunt me to this day as I tried my best to save them.

I am human and in noway an automan or robot.

It isn't the job of the public to be telling the police what the policy should be. We are completely clueless after all, right?

But since you asked...... obviously the policy should be to root out the source of the problem. Rounding up a bunch of teens because they may have a few grams of weed on them is a waste of resources and to be honest, comes across as a massive power trip.

The focus should always be on the big fish. You seem quite happy giving youths a good cupping though.

It isn't the job of the public to be telling the police what the policy should be. We are completely clueless after all, right?

But since you asked...... obviously the policy should be to root out the source of the problem. Rounding up a bunch of teens because they may have a few grams of weed on them is a waste of resources and to be honest, comes across as a massive power trip.

The focus should always be on the big fish. You seem quite happy giving youths a good cupping though.

Not particularly but it is my job to carry out the law even if I don't always agree with it.

Why should anybody be allowed to carry illegal substances no matter their age?

Not particularly but it is my job to carry out the law even if I don't always agree with it.

Firstly, I have no personal issue with the Police Scotland policy on stop and search nor have I had any experience of it. Having said that we are supposed to be policed by consent and if the majority of the populance has an issue with it then the policy needs reviewed.

To maintain at all times a relationship with the public that gives reality to the historic tradition that the police are the public and that the public are the police, the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.

To recognise always that the test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, and not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with them.

It's about priorities. It seems that the current focus is to chase after soft targets with soft drugs rather than going after the top end suppliers.

It's about priorities. It seems that the current focus is to chase after soft targets with soft drugs rather than going after the top end suppliers.

Everybody is a target who takes part in illegal activities.

It is a way to find out the big players as well as taking drugs off the street.

I don't know but 30-40% of searches I have carried out have been positive.

Everybody is a target who takes part in illegal activities.

It is a way to find out the big players as well as taking drugs off the street.

No, the majority of people you're targeting are not taking part in any illegal activities.

As for the big players, you're kidding me?

No, the majority of people you're targeting are not taking part in any illegal activities.

As for the big players, you're kidding me?

Do you know what goes on in the background in intelligence.

Big players are regularly taken off the streets and then somebody else takes over the business.

How do you propose police should target criminals?

Never met a psychic copper or one with x-ray vision.

Stop and search always has been and always will be necessary.

You are right on that I do and am receiving help to cope with the horrors I have seen.

I suffer from severe depression and have even tried to take my own life more than once.

My job keeps me going.

I apologise if I was over the top but I do love ny job and do it to the best of my ability.

I am sorry if I offended anyone.

I will speak it over with my counseller as I get too passionate at times.

I am a good person if sometimes misguided!

This post seriously concerns me - unless you're an elaborate wind up merchant.

We don't have to delve too deeply into recent history to see just what can happen in cases of severe depression. I'm inclined to wonder if joining the police, for you, was a good career choice. Although perhaps it's fortunate that you didn't become an airline pilot or even a bus driver for that matter.

Are your employers aware of your health issues?

This post seriously concerns me - unless you're an elaborate wind up merchant.

We don't have to delve too deeply into recent history to see just what can happen in cases of severe depression. I'm inclined to wonder if joining the police, for you, was a good career choice. Although perhaps it's fortunate that you didn't become an airline pilot or even a bus driver for that matter.

Are your employers aware of your health issues?

Yes they are thanks and have helped me get the help I need.

Depression is not uncommon in the police due to the various pressures and what we deal with on a day to day basis.

Ironically my fiancee is a bus driver which I am also glad I don't do.

I do love my job and my wonderful fiancee and her kids get me through the other aspects.

I am in a better place than I've been for a while and ise my experiences to help people in a bad place.

I have been told by some I have saved their life and can assure I get more satisfaction from that than any other aspect of the job.

Do you know what goes on in the background in intelligence.

Big players are regularly taken off the streets and then somebody else takes over the business.

How do you propose police should target criminals?

Never met a psychic copper or one with x-ray vision.

Stop and search always has been and always will be necessary.

Psychic coppers. X-ray vision.

Stop and search is an excuse for incompetence. You pretty much sum it up in that post.

No it's not.

When i got caught with a little smoke.. there was no asking where it came from or anything.

And now we know why you hate the police so much.

It is part of the process to ask where they got it and is something I always do.

Psychic coppers. X-ray vision.

Stop and search is an excuse for incompetence. You pretty much sum it up in that post.

You really don't have a clue?

Tell me how you would do the job better?

Archived