The 2016 US Presidential Election

Adamski

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FBI bottle charging Clinton. Basically say she did wrong, she's lied about it, there was eight top secret email chains amounting to 110 individual emails... But she won't be charged with anything.

Pretty much certain if she were still SoS she'd be booted out at a minimum, probably charged.

Bad news for all concerned.

It's really only bad news if you're a Trump supporter.

It's really only bad news if you're a Trump supporter.

Bernie could've snuck in the back door.

It also gives Trump a real chance to go at her, it's been virtually said she lied in her hearings, hid emails and knew full well what she's doing unless she's the world's biggest moron. And still, "the establishment" have chosen to do nothing about it. The FBI director even said people who do the exact same thing could be charged. 

So all in all, Bernie misses out, Trump's campaign gets a much needed shot in the arm, and Hillary carries on her quest to do... something... as long as she has power and money.

So as I said, bad news for all concerned...

Paul Ryan has demanded that Clinton be denied access to classified information for the duration of her presidency.

I actually thought Ryan was a decent GOPer but it seems making a fool of yourself is more important than trying to tackle the issues facing America.
He's just Trump's bitch.

State Department reopening enquiries, which is odd given we all know they'll only slap her on the wrists.

It's not really unreasonable to suggest under normal circumstances she'd be 'forced' to resign her position. Astonishing that the US have a battle between this and Trump for President.

Someone should really put a stop to the 'two terms and you're done' thing they've got going in the States. Obama would wipe the floor with Trump and Hillary (Again)

53 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Someone should really put a stop to the 'two terms and you're done' thing they've got going in the States. Obama would wipe the floor with Trump and Hillary (Again)

Says more about the opposition than Obama tbh.

59 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Obama has been an absolute failure as President.  I really thought his election to the position would make a difference.

Obama has been an absolute failure as President.  I really thought his election to the position would make a difference.

He's been a failure in terms of the expectations set on him when he took the job. Most thought he was going to be the best President for at least our collective lifetimes.

Put that into contrast with the expectations that will be put on Hillary/Trump and he's been absolutely amazing.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's been a failure in terms of the expectations set on him when he took the job. Most thought he was going to be the best President for at least our collective lifetimes.

Put that into contrast with the expectations that will be put on Hillary/Trump and he's been absolutely amazing.

Maybe the expectations were high but I'm not judging him against these rather I'm judging him by his record.  What has he done that is noteworthy?  Obamacare may survive in a lesser form if Clinton wins; take that out of the equation and he's done nothing.

What's particularly sad is that issues facing African Americans have not improved during his tenure.  From voter registration through to victimisation by the police it's virtually where it was when he assumed office.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe the expectations were high but I'm not judging him against these rather I'm judging him by his record.  What has he done that is noteworthy?  Obamacare may survive in a lesser form if Clinton wins; take that out of the equation and he's done nothing.

What's particularly sad is that issues facing African Americans have not improved during his tenure.  From voter registration through to victimisation by the police it's virtually where it was when he assumed office.

Most of the issues in America can't be resolved by the president. He/She needs support of congress. Who are all crazy Texan Conservative assholes.

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

You weren't alone in being duped by a blatantly obvious at the time personality cult leaning heavily on the race vote, tbf.

Agree with you otherwise - as far as potential for fuckups go, I don't think he's been particularly bad. Just not good. Which I suppose could be framed as failure.

Archived