The 2016 US Presidential Election

Adamski

'middle class man of the people Trump"

To be fair I don't think for a minute he's trying to portray himself as anything other than a lavish multi-millionaire. That's his USP - he can strike 'deals' as successfully for the government as he has for himself.

Hillary tries to portray herself as a people's person with all her bullshit pointing at people in the crowd as if she knows them. I wouldn't necessarily say Trump does.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No.... he'll successfully strike deals for himself as president, not for anybody else. The man can't see beyond himself. It's all about what's good for him and him alone. That's how you become a billionaire in this world. You don't do it by being concerned with anybody else's livelihood.

America is ****ed.

Of course he only cares about himself. Just like every other politician out there - none more so obvious than Hillary, incidentally.

I was replying to a point about Trump claiming to be a man of the people. I don't think he even pretends to be. 

11 minutes ago, Paco said:

Of course he only cares about himself. Just like every other politician out there - none more so obvious than Hillary, incidentally.

I was replying to a point about Trump claiming to be a man of the people. I don't think he even pretends to be. 

Really? I must have imagined his "I love all of you" speech.

Find it weird the smug liberal direction Hillary supporters are taking. Do they think mocking Melania Trump's education in comparison to Michelle Obama's for instance is gonna win over deep south Republicans.

Find it weird the smug liberal direction Hillary supporters are taking. Do they think mocking Melania Trump's education in comparison to Michelle Obama's for instance is gonna win over deep south Republicans.

That is a pretty nasty and (as you say) smug response by her people - but I don't think they need to win over republicans in the south.

Surely they just need to get out their base. The demographics will win this for her if she can get folk out to vote. It should be an easy victory.

Trump is a not particularly clever man with an ability to make money; he thinks that makes him clever - it does not.

He does not have the capacity to be U.S. President, it would be a disaster of epic proportions.

George W was not the sharpest tool in the box but he came from a political family and was probably clever enough to listen to his advisers.  I can see Trump not doing that.

Fortunately I think Clinton will win (cringe) but this campaign will leave a legacy of even greater division, prejudice and hate.

36 minutes ago, Cream Cheese said:

Trump will win. The propaganda is well and truly in his favour in America. Whether it's good news or bad news, the fact is, he's all over the news and the papers. Clinton's barely getting a look in.

Unless he seriously starts sucking up to the ethnic and female votes he has no chance.

That is a pretty nasty and (as you say) smug response by her people - but I don't think they need to win over republicans in the south.

Surely they just need to get out their base. The demographics will win this for her if she can get folk out to vote. It should be an easy victory.

Did you read this? Very good I thought. http://www.vox.com/2016/4/21/11451378/smug-american-liberalism

He won't need to suck up to these voters, unless they're already planning to vote for Clinton.

His polling in every demographic (except white men over the age of...) is dreadfully bad.

These people will vote to keep him out as long as Clinton doesn't f**k everything up.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

His polling in every demographic (except white men over the age of...) is dreadfully bad.

These people will vote to keep him out as long as Clinton doesn't f**k everything up.

Are these people not included in national polling? They are close enough for it to go either way.

Trump will win. The propaganda is well and truly in his favour in America. Whether it's good news or bad news, the fact is, he's all over the news and the papers. Clinton's barely getting a look in.

I'm a San Francisco/Austin Tx kind of a guy. All of my American friends are from those two cities. I'd say the majority of them are actually preparing for a Trump victory, despite what the polls say. I've long stopped thinking this will a landslide. I think Trump might win. He'd be a one term president, no doubt, but still. President Trump...

ETA. I was in Washington DC for the 2008 election. I went two weeks in advance, sad b*****d that I am, but for all the speculation, it was very hard to see any campaigning for McCain. I was told it had been like that for months. Whichever campaign motivates the grassroots between now and November will win. I would have thought anyone currently in the Noth West corridor could walk around any major metropolis and predict the winner.

That's an outstanding article.

A similar thing has happened here with brexit, waking up over morning saying 'how did this happen?'.

But it leaves me incredibly guilty. I don't have fb or twitter and I'm not particularly smug (certainly not in public), but I adore the daily show. I absolutely love Aaron Sorkin and yet they're the main exponents of the smug satire.

Holier-than-thou 'Progressive' lefty bigots finally starting to realise they and their like created the rise of the beast. I hoped you'd get there eventually, well done chaps!

The Clinton propaganda steamroller now running quite hard with the 'Trump is unfit for office's line. Not quite panic stations, but certainly turned things up a notch. This from the Washington Post is particularly hysterical.

'Donald Trump is a Unique Threat to American Democracy'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/opinions/donald-trump-is-a-unique-threat-to-american-democracy/2016/07/22/a6d823cc-4f4f-11e6-aa14-e0c1087f7583_story.html

The Clinton propaganda steamroller now running quite hard with the 'Trump is unfit for office's line. Not quite panic stations, but certainly turned things up a notch. This from the Washington Post is particularly hysterical.

I get that American elections are all about having a pop at the opposition but I'm not convinced Hillary's team have Tweeted anything in the past fortnight that's at all about her own policies. It's all about Trump.

Looks like even her own team know people won't vote for her personally, or her policies, whatever the f**k they may be.

Seems to be a dawning realisation Trump may actually win. Long way to go, I still think Trump may trip himself up in a debate, but he also has the potential to destroy her in one too.

1 hour ago, banana said:

Holier-than-thou 'Progressive' lefty bigots finally starting to realise they and their like created the rise of the beast. I hoped you'd get there eventually, well done chaps!

'Donald Trump is a Unique Threat to American Democracy'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/opinions/donald-trump-is-a-unique-threat-to-american-democracy/2016/07/22/a6d823cc-4f4f-11e6-aa14-e0c1087f7583_story.html

Who do you want to win?

Archived