QT - Glasgow 5th March

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand the idea that people are starting to feel sorry for Dugdale.

She has always struck me as an over-enthusiastic Politics undergraduate student who achieved a 2:1 and never really got over it or progressed.

And, as a result of electoral quirks and being in the right (wrong) place at the right (wrong) time, finds that she is now the deputy of Labour in Scotland. In short, wildly out of-her-depth.

Also, Humza Yousaf really is a top dude. His black and yellow loom-band wrist-band too, he is some boy.

I just watched this and read through some of the comments on here about Dugdale. Initially felt it was a bit harsh until she tried to body-swerve the audience member's point about GPs. Holy shit - that came back to haunt her about 4 times - and rightly so.

That one answer proves beyond any doubt that the girl is out of her depth. I'm sure her heart's in the right place but she's been pushed forward way too soon. On a smaller scale its a bit like Sarah Palin as John McCain's running mate in 2008. Car crash politics.

Humza did OK but got owned a tad by the big Lib Dem tumshie near the end.

The winner for me was probably the audience.

I never heard the show, but the religious aspect has become a dimension but not in the way he intends it. Put simply, two things have coalesced; the SNP has finally gained electoral traction across the entire country, but especially in West Central Scotland, whilst in that same geographical region the Labour Party has undoubtedly taken the Roman Catholic vote for granted for far too long with (for it) potentially fatal consequences. Nature abhors a vacuum and much of that vote has transferred to the SNP, and together with the residual Nationalist vote that now amounts to a pretty powerful bloc.

The whole thing has much less to do with religion per se, and more reflects a nation in which the younger generations simply want a better and fairer society and crucially are much less inclined to kowtow to the bidding of clerics than their grandparents were. Here in Dumbarton the local Labour organisation is utterly on its bare arse, a situation I could not have imagined 30 years ago. On May 7th we here must administer the last rites, no pun intended.

I don't disagree with any of this, but in his case I'm pretty sure the old Tory c**t from Edinburgh was just lumping all the thing he hates in together, the way people bizarrely like to do. Catholics = bad. SNP = bad. Therefore SNP = Catholics.

If he isn't a Rangers fan or a PHM I'll be utterly shocked.

Dugdale was terribly out of her depth, especially regarding the Health Service and clearly doesn't realise that recruiting nurses won't make any difference the GP's set up under the national contract.

Dugdale was terribly out of her depth, especially regarding the Health Service and clearly doesn't realise that recruiting nurses won't make any difference the GP's set up under the national contract.

She was horrendous. Obviously we dont know the exact make up of audience but there was nae claps and frequent boos when she spoke. Everyone else got decent claps. Says everything about the utter clusterfuck that is UK Labour(Scotland branch)

Is it true what Toby Young (who is he anyway?) said about the Mansion Tax? That it's even panned by estate agents who don't think it'll bring in that much cash?

Yes. It's a fag-packet policy invented solely to try and win Labour back a news cycle. If there were any real substance to it then the BBC would be calling for Miliband's public execution right now.

Archived