TMSTID v The Famous Aberdeen

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100 quid says the jambos will finish ahead of the sheep and needless to say Dundee, ya in big man? Infact how about a double, 100 on hearts finishing above both, just to make it interesting...haha

Too many variables at this stage for me. Far too early to be laying bets without knowing squads etc. that's the reason I don't go around like the big man stating I'd make bets then shiting it in the same breath.

You might tempt an Aberdonian or 2 with that though... Could be a very profitable or expensive season (for your nominated charity I assume?) I may even come back to you after the squads are firmed up. I'd suggest posting this on the charity bets thread if you are serious.

:lol: Okay, some people take this shit so seriously

Not that many variables really. I was thinking this, If and when Hearts finish above both I win 200. If Hearts finish below both I lose 200 if Hearts finish inbetween we will call it even.. how about that? The reason I am so confident about this without seeing the squads is because its a well known fact Aberdeen are Hearts bitches. Even when the Jambos were on their knees they beat Aberdeen for fun. A Jambo informed me yesterday that Aberdeen had a worse record against them than Hibs. :lol:

Edit: Ill just lay Dundee against their neighbours all season long, just incase.

Dundee are Ross county's bitches, hearts were Dundees bitches last time we were up. Both teams finished or are sitting higher in the table than their supposed bitches.

Unfortunately in the land of the diddy it's not enough to pump 1 team repeatedly as the other diddies will cut your throat.

Had Craig Thomson failed to award such a clear cut penalty as the one that Aberdeen were denied on Saturday for Rangers or Celtic then the media would have been up in arms, because it's Aberdeen it's barely registered a mention.

Had Craig Thomson failed to award such a clear cut penalty as the one that Aberdeen were denied on Saturday for Rangers or Celtic then the media would have been up in arms, because it's Aberdeen it's barely registered a mention.

Bit like the last minute offside equaliser at pitoddrie was allowed to stand and that was ok because it was only against Dundee and "there was a big home crowd" ?

Different goals for Aberdeen and Dundee but that 3 points would probably have had us top 6. May not be a big deal to most but it's intrinsically tied in to our budget due to the differing distribution of cash between top and bottom 6 clubs.

That and Bobby maddens failure to award a penalty and dismiss Alan mannus at dens could be massive moments for us this season but it happens in football and you just need to suck it up.

Without wanting to get into semantics, the same can be said of every team this year. For example of saints hadn't had 2 perfectly good goals disallowed against St Mirren, we'd have won, not lost. Every season there's reasons to be aggrieved and most fans don't think they balance out. That's football.

Without wanting to get into semantics, the same can be said of every team this year. For example of saints hadn't had 2 perfectly good goals disallowed against St Mirren, we'd have won, not lost. Every season there's reasons to be aggrieved and most fans don't think they balance out. That's football.

I agree fully - I do think they balance out over time. I'm not sure if that was clear from my post or if you are responding to the original complainer but jus clearing things up. :P

Bit like the last minute offside equaliser at pitoddrie was allowed to stand and that was ok because it was only against Dundee and "there was a big home crowd" ?

Different goals for Aberdeen and Dundee but that 3 points would probably have had us top 6. May not be a big deal to most but it's intrinsically tied in to our budget due to the differing distribution of cash between top and bottom 6 clubs.

That and Bobby maddens failure to award a penalty and dismiss Alan mannus at dens could be massive moments for us this season but it happens in football and you just need to suck it up.

TBH I think Bobby Madden got that call right. Having seen Clarkson's diving attempts in the months since then, I'm inclined to think Clarkson fucked that chance up and threw himself to the ground knowing he'd made an arse of it.

TBH I think Bobby Madden got that call right. Having seen Clarkson's diving attempts in the months since then, I'm inclined to think Clarkson fucked that chance up and threw himself to the ground knowing he'd made an arse of it.

Seems strange to judge an incident on a players conduct since, I think there was contact and he is a goalscorer so would've taken the chance if he could. Falls in the same bracket as Langfields on gowser for me and I also think thats a pen.

Penalty and red all day imo. It's done now though!

It was only the Dundee fans who we're saying that though. 80% of folk agreed he'd made the most of minimal contact and it was a dive. Since he realised he made an arse of it and wasn't getting it.

Still no changing it now.

Yup that's the number I plucked from thin air and I'm sticking with it. Plus excluding the Dundee fans it was roughly 4/5 thought it was a dive. So yeah I'm sticking with that.

You've effectively just shat the bed. Hearts should be finishing above Dundee, they've massive resources compared to us. As do Aberdeen. Your Aberdeen/Hearts bet was interesting and I hoped someone took you up on it, but you've just backtracked something awful.

Talking of bets, Motherwell can now mathematically not reach the top six...

Archived