The Pelé Podcast - Andy Graham

Just as other folks have said, McLaughlin hasn't come over too well, especially when you compare the interviews of Rory Loy and Danny Denholm, both of whom are articulate and seem really well grounded.  Loy talked especially well about the football side whereas Denholm was great with the toxic masculinity and mental health side.  Fantastic stuff.

Just seemed that McLaughlin wanted to come on to tell everyone "how great he was in the dressing room"  What a "character" etc.  Just screamed of trying too hard to be funny and ultimately failing.  

Keep up the good work FF, love these podcasts.

(ETA - FF did fantastically well guiding McLaughlin back to football questions when he went off on a tangent - "let me tell you a story about X")

Edited by WullieBroonIsGod

@Francesc Fabregas are you planning to continue these as regularly once the season is properly underway? Appreciate it may be harder for players to find time to come in around competitive games and you'll have your other podcast commitments again with the Terrace being back to the usual schedule, but it'd great to still have even one every month or so if possible.

Hearing some intelligent articulate views has been great, but some real beef would be entertaining as well. Get Davie Irons and Scott McLaughlin in the studio together.

16 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

@Francesc Fabregas are you planning to continue these as regularly once the season is properly underway? Appreciate it may be harder for players to find time to come in around competitive games and you'll have your other podcast commitments again with the Terrace being back to the usual schedule, but it'd great to still have even one every month or so if possible.

Hearing some intelligent articulate views has been great, but some real beef would be entertaining as well. Get Davie Irons and Scott McLaughlin in the studio together.

I'd like to think so, yeah. It's getting a bit trickier now that the players are back training and the League Cup is underway but we'll press on. Maybe record the long interviews once a fortnight and release part one one week and part two the next. I don't know. A dual interview might be decent fun - quite fancy getting Mick and Ross Dunlop on together.

I'm looking forward to kicking off the forthcoming league season with my close associates at The Terrace next week; we're hoping Danny Denholm will be joining us to look ahead at 2018/19.

10 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Announce Scott Booth

No.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

Hello, the latest episode of the Pelé Podcast is up and ready to go. This week sees Sean Higgins join the show!

CLICK

In the first of three parts, Sean talks about how he started playing football and his seven years with Ross County.

He talks in depth about getting punched in the face by Derek Adams.

One thing is for sure, Sean Higgins has played with a great bunch of boys.

In all seriousness, another great podcast. I thought Higgins was honest but for me it highlighted the drinking (and bizarre shit throwing) culture within our game. He didn't really see a big problem with turning up to training half pished after his birthday weekend, he acknowledged it was unprofessional but felt his birthday justified it. I can't help but think that attitude must be prevalent in younger lads in Scotland.

24 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

One thing is for sure, Sean Higgins has played with a great bunch of boys.

In all seriousness, another great podcast. I thought Higgins was honest but for me it highlighted the drinking (and bizarre shit throwing) culture within our game. He didn't really see a big problem with turning up to training half pished after his birthday weekend, he acknowledged it was unprofessional but felt his birthday justified it. I can't help but think that attitude must be prevalent in younger lads in Scotland.

We would never have dreamt of doing that, eh? :lol:

Ahoy! Here's part two of our interview with Sean Higgins!

CLICK

In this part, he talks about his two years at Dundee, including their "Deefiant" side, and his spells with St Johnstone and Falkirk.

Part three, his spell as a part-time footballer, will be out tomorrow.

10 hours ago, CapitalDiamond said:

Would Simon Ferry do a crossover show with you? It would be good to hear him as the interviewee and it would promote each of your shows to a different audience.

I'd love to interview Simon Ferry but I'm sure he was interviewed himself by Chick Young quite recently about his career.

Just in time for your lunch, here's part three of our podcast with Sean Higgins.

CLICK

This was my favourite part of the interview (and not just because he talks about his time at Stenhousemuir). His move into part-time football was only sporadically successful and him detailing the difficulties he experienced over the last five years is fascinating.

Subrscribe and leave a comment on iTunes. Encourage others. Spread the word.

3 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

I have never heard a more loaded question in my life than "Tell me, Sean, what was Scott Booth like to play under?" 

To be fair to him, his answer was pretty interesting - rather than just dishing out an outright bodying, he was a lot more measured and even praised him at points.

2 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

To be fair to him, his answer was pretty interesting - rather than just dishing out an outright bodying, he was a lot more measured and even praised him at points.

I could sense your slight disappointment and keenness to push for the unanimous verbal bodying at some points afterwards, as well. I think the only way the people will be rewarded with the full Booth-bodying bonanza they deserve will be for a guest host to have yourself on the podcast, unfortunately.