Panzer General type game for PC

Mr Rational

Hi folks, thought someone could help me out.

Wife's been away for a couple of months, so I dug my old PS1 out and started playing allied and panzer general, prob the best ever WW2 strategy game made. But by god, the graphics are shite and while it can be totally engrossing, it looks ancient.

Anyhoo, Is there a more up to date PC version of something similar? Turn based hex game type of thing, I've looked and can't find anything.

Cheers!

Unfortunately the really grognardy strategy games all still look a bit shit. Graphics have never been a priority as much as getting Orders of Battle exactly right, and ensuring that everything comes together perfectly.

Gary Grigsby's War In The East, which does as it says on the tin, covers the Second World War on the Eastern Front from Barbarossa to the end of the war. Or until 1945 assuming you're a Germany player who manages to hold on against the odds. Really well respected among the sort of people who play these incredibly hardcore nerdy as all f**k strategy games, it's bloody pricey though. Grigsby seems to have done War In The West covering from the invasion of Sicily onwards, but I've not heard if that's as good.

Yeah I've completed Allied General as both Britain and then States, but despite having the game for 20 years, ive only ever got through half of the game as the USSR.

I've completed Panzer General but only with a cheat.

Going to head out to try and find something, the missus is home on Friday, I've only a few days left of having the game out before Hollyoaks gets shoved back on ????

Archived