Recommend a Political Website

FuzzyAffro

Used to read the magazine but not anymore. They are outrageously opposed to Scottish nationalism, read this

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/04/vote-snp-get-tory-does-leaked-memo-reveal-secret-nationalist-plot-install-tories

Still happy to perpetuate the lie even after its been proven to be a lie and denied by literally everybody in the room. Anything to damage Scottish nationalism, no professionalism, no integrity. Disgraceful publication.

Used to read the magazine but not anymore. They are outrageously opposed to Scottish nationalism, read this

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/04/vote-snp-get-tory-does-leaked-memo-reveal-secret-nationalist-plot-install-tories

Still happy to perpetuate the lie even after its been proven to be a lie and denied by literally everybody in the room. Anything to damage Scottish nationalism, no professionalism, no integrity. Disgraceful publication.

I believe that's from the NS' blog. The guy who wrote it is entirely independent and not representative of the publication itself.

Tend to read the Spectator and Torygraph. I like to know what the other side thinks.

http://spectator.co.uk

http://may2015.com is pretty good, done by the New Statesman.

I used to like the New Statesman, and bought it regularly, but after Laurie Penny started contributing regularly I could never resist reading her columns first, and they made me so angry I'd be embarrassed to be left wing and would generally throw down the magazine in disgust.

Twitter is pretty good as well.

Tend to read the Spectator and Torygraph. I like to know what the other side thinks.

Thought they and the mail were your friends these days. Certainly in Scotland they seem to be the house journal of choice

Thought they and the mail were your friends these days. Certainly in Scotland they seem to be the house journal of choice

I enjoy reading Timothy Stanley and Peter Hitchens articles for example, even though I'm unsure if I've ever agreed with them on anything.

Dan Hodges is fantastic to find out how any given incident is bad for Ed Miliband.

I was once accused of being Alan Cochrane though on here. Embarrassing, accused of being from Dundee.

I enjoy reading Timothy Stanley and Peter Hitchens articles for example, even though I'm unsure if I've ever agreed with them on anything.

Dan Hodges is fantastic to find out how any given incident is bad for Ed Miliband.

I was once accused of being Alan Cochrane though on here. Embarrassing, accused of being from Dundee.

And what's wrong with being from Dundee?

I like a laugh, so Labour Hame is a favourite, even though it only gets updated about once every three months.

Tory Hoose is a hoot as well, but I don't visit them much.

OpenUnionism can be fascinating at times - opinions expressed on it range all the way from Effie Deans to interesting articles by sane people.

Wings is a regular visit, but rarely bother with any of the others (Bella, NC, Scot Goes Pop! etc)

I used to like the New Statesman, and bought it regularly, but after Laurie Penny started contributing regularly I could never resist reading her columns first, and they made me so angry I'd be embarrassed to be left wing and would generally throw down the magazine in disgust.

:lol:

http://spectator.co.uk

http://may2015.com is pretty good, done by the New Statesman.

Twitter is pretty good as well.

You're not left-wing, You really need to stop saying that, neither was Tony Blair.

I believe that's from the NS' blog. The guy who wrote it is entirely independent and not representative of the publication itself.

I've read quite a few anti-independence articles in there too, that was just an example. They are as shameless and irresponsible a bunch of liars as the Telegraph or the Daily Mail, just with a slightly nicer tone and better vocabulary. In my opinion, anyway.

I've read quite a few anti-independence articles in there too, that was just an example. They are as shameless and irresponsible a bunch of liars as the Telegraph or the Daily Mail, just with a slightly nicer tone and better vocabulary. In my opinion, anyway.

Yeah, I tend to read a lot of their historical analysis and international politics related articles. I've found the New Statesman to be the most well written publication in the UK, excluding their points relating to politics in Scotland.

For solely Scottish commentary, Wings is OK - if not impartial - it's what I want to read with regards to Independence discussion.

Aye I agree the quality of issues on other stuff is very good. I have just been poisoned against it cause of its partisan stance on independence.

Wings I read every day, a little bit of Bella Caledonia too.

Used to read the Huffington Post a lot but think it has gone downhill the last few years, also was partisan about independence too.

The New Statesman has been absolutely shite since George Eaton became political editor. Stephen Bush has turned into a bit of a c**t since leaving the Telegraph to become Staggers editor, too.

Half the ledes to their articles online are excellent parodies of themselves. :lol:

Archived