Killie vs Aberdeen

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are Aberdeen fans every happy with their goalkeepers?

It was more a hopeless penalty than a good save.

To be fair, their keepers are this Brown character and Clangers. I'm not sure anyone could be happy with that pair.

To be fair, their keepers are this Brown character and Clangers. I'm not sure anyone could be happy with that pair.

Oh for a Theo Leighton or a Jim Snelders.

If ronnie's globetrotters bottle it on wed then it will be very interesting if Aberdeen were to win next week whilst ronnie's gallowgate galacticos or on cup duty .

I'd consider that a good shout if it weren't for the fact that your friends and allies are playing Lockes Lamentables

In fact if Aberdeen win the league I will personally buy everyone in Aberdeen a ride of dolly , the incentive is yours now dons.

I think Dolly died some time ago, I don't see that stopping them, very generous of you all the same.

Will take that 3 points gladly. From watching on the TV, we seemed to control possession well and took our two goals well. It's a venue where over the years we have traditionally struggled so it's a very welcome 3 points.

Smith staked his claim by scoring and you could see how much it meant by his celebration. McGinn also had a fine game, prospering far more when he was on the right than when he and Hayes switched wings. While Daniels initially struggled against Magennis, he grew and eventually handled big Josh well.

McInnes made the sub of Flood at the right time, as Jack's positional discipline and solidity was required once we established the lead again rather than having a player whose game is based around going and closing players but leaving space open. Thought Flood did fine incidentally, but it was the right sub.

Ultimately our goalkeeping situation was again starkly highlighted by Brown's horrendous decision making to concede the penalty. While the defence are less shaky with Brown behind them, he's making too many poor decisions at key moments. It's the department where us Dons fans all recognise needs improving in summer because neither are good enough in big games. Thankfully today Brown redeemed his error and credit for that.

Delighted to match last season's total with 6 games left. Ambitiously hoping we target and can achieve 80 points, which would be an immense league season.

Not often you hear this from a fan of the winning team, but Killie were robbed by the ref today. Some absolute howlers there that went Aberdeen's way.

Bit of a curate's egg of a game. Aberdeen all over Killie without creating too clear a chance. Killie need to get across to stop balls into the box though, it's always dangerous to let a team pump balls from wide areas into your box (oo er missus).

Aberdeen's goal was coming and we were on easy street. Second half more of the same please, but er...... no, Killie take their goal beautifully, and we're suddenly living dangerously.

Definite foul on 'Big Wilf', not given, we break up the other end, game over.

I thought Killie were decent at times, but mostly when they chose to support 'Big Wilf'. Left to his own devices, he'll never win you a game.

Three probably not that valuable points, but I'm delighted we got them at a ground where we've come a cropper more times than I care to mention. Well played to Beaton, we needed your help today. :)

Yours

aDONis

Archived