Cambuslang Rangers

Brycie73

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rather have 2nd place in the league and win a cup than win the 1st or 2nd district league title

Douglas, the last manager to win a cup was Andy Cunningham and i believe you were instrumental in his dismissal. Or am i mistaken?

On Andy Cunningham, we probably didnt appreciate it at the time just how good a squad we had and how good a Manager he was. If memory serves me right possibly last 16 of the Scottish after beating Tayport. Beat Pollok and Petershill away in the same season, the memorable game away to bellshill 1-1 i think.

He won the sectional in 2000. Won the league a couple of years after. And i think im right it might even have been the quarters or semi of the Scottish. Possibly with two differnt eras of teams.

1st one being my playing era with the likes of Gaulley, Holmes, Kavangh, Noble, Ddoak Daisley etc. The other being with Fennie, McCrae, Brown, Burns etc.

On Andy Cunningham, we probably didnt appreciate it at the time just how good a squad we had and how good a Manager he was. If memory serves me right possibly last 16 of the Scottish after beating Tayport. Beat Pollok and Petershill away in the same season, the memorable game away to bellshill 1-1 i think.

He won the sectional in 2000. Won the league a couple of years after. And i think im right it might even have been the quarters or semi of the Scottish. Possibly with two differnt eras of teams.

1st one being my playing era with the likes of Gaulley, Holmes, Kavangh, Noble, Ddoak Daisley etc. The other being with Fennie, McCrae, Brown, Burns etc.

You forgot to mention the goalie ......... can't remember his name , Wardlaw I think.........

You forgot to mention the goalie ......... can't remember his name , Wardlaw I think.........

Lol, small part in a big wheel. As a player i thought beating Tayport up there was one of our finest moments. Dya mind Andy tried to put Bernie Mulligan on only to find out he had forgotten to put him on the team sheet Lol

Lol, small part in a big wheel. As a player i thought beating Tayport up there was one of our finest moments. Dya mind Andy tried to put Bernie Mulligan on only to find out he had forgotten to put him on the team sheet Lol

Wasn't aware of that.

That performance at Tayport was at a time when they were the best team in scotland by a country mile.

I think KRR manager Stewart Maxwell & ex kirkie boss John Richardson both played for us that day as well.

Wasn't aware of that.

That performance at Tayport was at a time when they were the best team in scotland by a country mile.

I think KRR manager Stewart Maxwell & ex kirkie boss John Richardson both played for us that day as well.

Ill try from the memory banks. Maxy was a terrific player equally effective as a left back or left mid. Im sure he won the scottish with Bathgate?? John Richardson - a winner - full stop. Stewart Gaulley was a very good player, but the cream was Jimmy Kavanagh.

a stab at the 11 was - 1 wardlaw 2.noble 3.mccabe 4.kavanagh 5. devanny 6.gaulley 7.maxwell 8.richardson 9.holmes 10. daisley 11. dunn or james earlie

Ill try from the memory banks. Maxy was a terrific player equally effective as a left back or left mid. Im sure he won the scottish with Bathgate?? John Richardson - a winner - full stop. Stewart Gaulley was a very good player, but the cream was Jimmy Kavanagh.

a stab at the 11 was - 1 wardlaw 2.noble 3.mccabe 4.kavanagh 5. devanny 6.gaulley 7.maxwell 8.richardson 9.holmes 10. daisley 11. dunn or james earlie

Happy days Wardy.

Good result today for camby with a young keeper and a complete new defence,think its a shame that they are not going to give John and Gk coach another shot at it. Good luck to all players and who ever takes over,I must say that whoever takes JD and the GK coach on they will see what they can do given a chance

Good result today for camby with a young keeper and a complete new defence,think its a shame that they are not going to give John and Gk coach another shot at it. Good luck to all players and who ever takes over,I must say that whoever takes JD and the GK coach on they will see what they can do given a chance

Lol! aye nae bother!!! Who that Big Fat Guy wi gloves on...and JD who has brought in bad signing after bad...along with co manager Flannery yeah good shout!

Archived