Scottish Cup Final 2015 - Falkirk Vs ICT

I'm not happy to lose, but I can accept it, you clearly can't.

What I am happy with seeing is that my team gave 100% and gave a team that's 3rd in the league above us a game and certainly matched them and were probably better in the second half. You sound like a wee moaning lassie saying you'd rather have seen us lose 4-0. Grow up and as Houstie says 'Deal with it.' The show goes on.

I have accepted it, just hurts bad. For me it would have been easier to take losing 4-0. Because we played so well, because we had it in our grasp it makes it harder. You just sound like you dont give a f**k like a lot of the day trippers.

I understand what you mean about rather losing convincingly. If Falkirk had over hauled us in the last few minutes or extra time I'd probably have rather lost 4-0 than have it dangled in front of you and yanked away.

I have accepted it, just hurts bad. For me it would have been easier to take losing 4-0. Because we played so well, because we had it in our grasp it makes it harder. You just sound like you dont give a f**k like a lot of the day trippers.

Never have I felt so sick in all my life in those last few minutes. Watching the ball roll into the back of the net killed me. So saying I don't give a f**k is just daft. I've watched us get fucking humped aff shite like Alloa and Cowdenbeath and it's embarrassing. Of course it's hard to take. But I'd like to hear a Hibs fan saying they would rather play utter dross and got beat 5-1 than play fantastic and just get pipped 2-1 in 2012. Would surprise me if they didn't said the latter. every real Falkirk supporter is hurting but 4-0 would have been embarrassing after the hard work to get there.

Never have I felt so sick in all my life in those last few minutes. Watching the ball roll into the back of the net killed me. So saying I don't give a f**k is just daft. I've watched us get fucking humped aff shite like Alloa and Cowdenbeath and it's embarrassing. Of course it's hard to take. But I'd like to hear a Hibs fan saying they would rather play utter dross and got beat 5-1 than play fantastic and just get pipped 2-1 in 2012. Would surprise me if they didn't said the latter. every real Falkirk supporter is hurting but 4-0 would have been embarrassing after the hard work to get there.

yes it would have been embarrassing but for me not as painful as this match. It was the worst experience in a football ground ever.

Without sounding like a dick, I think there's something quite satisfying about the way we beat Falkirk on Saturday. Sort of feels like revenge for what was the worst day in the club's history in 2009.

Without sounding like a dick, I think there's something quite satisfying about the way we beat Falkirk on Saturday. Sort of feels like revenge for what was the worst day in the club's history in 2009.

I don't think that's sounding like a dick at all.

I said jokingly to my mates before that that I wanted a nice easy win, go a couple of goals up in the first half and then get a third at the start of the second. That fucking worked.

I think that we did well in the first half but didn't play as well as we can, mainly because of the fact that we were without our usual back four. The full backs are so key to our style of play that I think it put us a little out of kilter. There were a few misplaced passes and Draper and Tansey didn't get hold of the game as much as they have at other points this season. Having said that we were clearly the better team and the goal was fantastically set up by Doran (who I was quite shocked to see starting, he had a good first half though) and well taken by Watkins, who was probably out best player.

It must be a difficult task to give a team talk in those circumstances - we're better, we're winning but we should be doing better. In contrast Falkirk's task was a lot clearer, they needed to impose themselves on the match and did that very successfully by pushing further up the park. They had a few chances I thought but we could've seen it out until the absolute killer of the red card. To go from having a free kick 20 yards out to having a player sent off as the last man in the space of about 10 seconds was just awful. There was something inevitable about the goal, although it was a great free kick to set up Grant.

At that point I just thought that was it, it was a brutal feeling, I've never felt so crushed at a game. You see enough games to get a feel for the ebb and flow of how they are going to go and there didn't seem to be any way that we were going to get anywhere with this. The goal, when it came, was almost miraculous. For Watkins to produce a run like that and get a shot away was admirable enough, especially when you consider he wasn't actually clear at any point, and for Vincent to charge the length of the pitch to knock it in was amazing commitment. I've never felt anything like it, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I also broke a seat when someone knocked me over celebrating, sorry SFA.

Just an astounding day and game. I think we've been comfortably the third best team in Scotland over the last three seasons, maybe along with St Johnstone, and I think we deserve a major trophy for how we've been during that time. That group of players will probably gradually break up but they'll always have that with them.

Feel really bad for the Falkirk fans, hopefully they build on what they did this season and mount a proper challenge next year.

A good summing up of the key moments/emotions from an ICT fan perspective. I cannot believe the number of games this season where we have attacked with purpose, gone ahead and then a switch has been flicked and we seem vulnerable to an equaliser. The difference being this time we were especially vulnerable with a makeshift back 4 and then down to 10 men. A palpable sinking feeling of what seemed the beginning of the end when Falkirk equalised. Utter, inexpressible joy when Vincent (of all people, bit like Raven in the semi) popped up for the winner. Although a bit ball greedy, muchos respect to Marley for that lung bursting run with 3 around him especially given his cramp something like 20 mins before. Amazing day. Wonderful family atmosphere with family fun day etc. Really feel for Falkirk but this was our time.

And all the other last 10 minutes reemings we have given you over the years. Up until Saturday Falkirk have owned ICT. Actually the way the game went we did on Saturday too until those 10 seconds.......If I was an ICT fan my thoughts would have been exactly yours.

And all the other last 10 minutes reemings we have given you over the years. Up until Saturday Falkirk have owned ICT. Actually the way the game went we did on Saturday too until those 10 seconds.......If I was an ICT fan my thoughts would have been exactly yours.

You have definitely got the upper hand against over the years, although every game has been entertaining. I look forward to your team meeting up again in the top league where you belong. All the best for the new season.

I bloody love this team. It's sad that this will likely be the best group of players and team spirit we'll ever have.

That is quality.

Best day and night I have ever had following Inverness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xw_F8K5j-s

I bloody love this team. It's sad that this will likely be the best group of players and team spirit we'll ever have.

This team's had a good feel about it for a while now. Seems like a really good bunch of lads that genuinely like each other. Terry Butcher used to say as much and it came across as genuine.

As for the ups and downs, isn't that the life of a diddy fan? Would you have it any other way? The key is to appreciate it whenever you get the breaks and I think we've all done a pretty good job of that.

:lol: Great stuff.

Should still have the core of the squad for next season and being Cup Winners could persuade a few players to make the move up?