The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack Smith would be a strange signing...

Having a look at his stats for the season so far he started off with 13 goals in the first 7 league matches but has only scored a couple of goals since September.

He has scored 26 goals in all competitions this season for East Kilbride. Didn't get much of a chance at Arbroath with Bobby Linn and Simon Murray banging them in when they were on form.

Airdrie offered Simon Ferry a full time contract but I believe he has knocked it back.

Just had a quick scan of the OTL fanzine and seen a headline describing someone as a "rabid ***". How is that acceptable language to be using in a fanzine and would the equivalent terminology have been used to describe a Celtic fan?.... I seriously doubt it.

That's the last £3 I will ever be using to buy the magazine.

Just had a quick scan of the OTL fanzine and seen a headline describing someone as a "rabid ***". How is that acceptable language to be using in a fanzine and would the equivalent terminology have been used to describe a Celtic fan?.... I seriously doubt it.

That's the last £3 I will ever be using to buy the magazine.

Of course it's acceptable language to use in a fanzine. It's by fans and for fans and that's typical of the language used by most people to describe the supporters of a particular club you're talking about. Stop being so sensitive about it or you'll end up sounding like one of those same people. "But what about .........", etc, etc.

It's only a bunch of politically correct arseholes that have put paid to it being used more widely cos we're all afraid of getting the jail for saying a bad word in this heavily sanitised version of life. Thanks SNP.

Used by "most people". Having looked at a the latest Scottish social attitudes survey- only 9% of the population believe it to be acceptable, so I can hazard a guess what kind of person you hang about with...

It's a sectarian slur which of used publicly at a game would likely have you arrested under the offensive behaviour at the football act. The fact that the person who penned the headline is presumably nominally of the same religious persuasion is of no defence either.

One article is bemoaning the fall in stature of the club and imploring fans to bring along lapsed fans and their pals- yet the next is using sectarian language- a bit of a flaw in that logic.

And you know and I know that has a similar term been used to refer to the opposing side there is no way it would have got the go ahead.

Yeah I'm also upset that further derogatory terms 'Newco' and 'Fat Sally' also feature in the article written by a fan.

Hang about, actually I'm not upset at all as Rangers and indeed Celtic mean nothing to me...

Used by "most people". Having looked at a the latest Scottish social attitudes survey- only 9% of the population believe it to be acceptable, so I can hazard a guess what kind of person you hang about with...

It's a sectarian slur which of used publicly at a game would likely have you arrested under the offensive behaviour at the football act. The fact that the person who penned the headline is presumably nominally of the same religious persuasion is of no defence either.

One article is bemoaning the fall in stature of the club and imploring fans to bring along lapsed fans and their pals- yet the next is using sectarian language- a bit of a flaw in that logic.

And you know and I know that has a similar term been used to refer to the opposing side there is no way it would have got the go ahead.

Scottish social attitudes survey means f**k all, I'm talking about a particular demographic namely football supporters outwith the fucking bigot brothers. Where did they survey them, outside the nearest WRVS?

Most of the people I know have no time whatsoever for the fuckwits on either side of the divide and as for myself I hate both equally. I'd quite happily use both words to deride each one of them if it wasn't for that stupidly rushed through law. The only reason the word we're referring to is on a banned list and branded "sectarian" is because of the outstanding "whataboutery" of those same simpletons who couldn't stand not being allowed to call the other lot by their usual footballing moniker and needed so desperately to be offended by something. Both sides should just crawl back under the stones they came from.

And as for the person penning it being "the same religious persuasion" shows you up. It has nothing to do with religion, it's a word used to describe fans of a certain club. I wouldn't describe people walking out of church on a Sunday with that word, just attendees of a stadium in Govan which was once the home of Glasgow Rangers before they died. Those same fans could be any fucking religion that they want, and I know that some are indeed Catholic and also Muslim. So the next time you rush to be offended on behalf of them maybe you could bear in mind that not all of them are Protestant. In fact probably over 50 percent of them couldn't find their nearest Church of Scotland without the aid of a flute band marching them in that general direction.

I don't know that the other word wouldn't have got the go ahead as I've no idea who edits the fanzine.

Yeah I'm also upset that further derogatory terms 'Newco' and 'Fat Sally' also feature in the article written by a fan.

Hang about, actually I'm not upset at all as Rangers and indeed Celtic mean nothing to me...

Anything that upsets those fuckers is good by me.

Scottish social attitudes survey means f**k all, I'm talking about a particular demographic namely football supporters outwith the fucking bigot brothers. Where did they survey them, outside the nearest WRVS?

Most of the people I know have no time whatsoever for the fuckwits on either side of the divide and as for myself I hate both equally. I'd quite happily use both words to deride each one of them if it wasn't for that stupidly rushed through law. The only reason the word we're referring to is on a banned list and branded "sectarian" is because of the outstanding "whataboutery" of those same simpletons who couldn't stand not being allowed to call the other lot by their usual footballing moniker and needed so desperately to be offended by something. Both sides should just crawl back under the stones they came from.

And as for the person penning it being "the same religious persuasion" shows you up. It has nothing to do with religion, it's a word used to describe fans of a certain club. I wouldn't describe people walking out of church on a Sunday with that word, just attendees of a stadium in Govan which was once the home of Glasgow Rangers before they died. Those same fans could be any fucking religion that they want, and I know that some are indeed Catholic and also Muslim. So the next time you rush to be offended on behalf of them maybe you could bear in mind that not all of them are Protestant. In fact probably over 50 percent of them couldn't find their nearest Church of Scotland without the aid of a flute band marching them in that general direction.

I don't know that the other word wouldn't have got the go ahead as I've no idea who edits the fanzine.

Anything that upsets those fuckers is good by me.

The Scottish social attitudes is the most rigorous and systematic representation of public attitudes that exists in the country.

You may well use both words to describe them- you didn't pen the article and if you had then it would have been published. However we have a situation now where there are a number of Airdrie fans who are so utterly desperate to shed the reputation of "mini Rangers" that they have begun adopting the terminology of Celtic supporting bigots in order to do so. I find the term offensive as do significant numbers of others. It is not for you to decide who or what people should find as offensive or banter.

Archived