The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know that was the word used I'm with chlamydia kid on this one doesn't offend me however because some old firm use bigoted words doesn't we need to no place for it in football.

Thing is, it's not a strictly old firm word, it's widely used.

I've seen dozens of people foaming over shit like this on twitter...then the very next tweet it's #AMF.

Too many people are waaaaaay to easy offended at the slightest shite these days.

Which illustrates how the term doesn't simply refer to supporters of Rangers and is about perceived religious adherence.

No, it illustrates the terminology is pretty much omnipresent throughout West Central Scotland. You cant, on one hand, be against the sanitization of football, yet on the other moan about terms that have been used for scores of years.

I'm a Protestant, raised in and still in the Church of Scotland, and would never be offended by the term. As far as I'm concerned, it applies to Rangers fans, and (since I'm a historian) to the Hunnic people of the early medieval period.

I thought it was a good issue of the magazine, myself, and good work by those who produced it.

I agree people are easily offended myself would I be offended no, however everyone is different. I agree in society today you can say something and it can be perceived the wrong way possibly person wrote article didn't mean to offend. However is their really need to put the word H.N into fanzine no but then again is their any good reason for me call some opposing fans names no but then I see that as banter but I think when religion colour etc comes into it i think it is wrong as i would not call opposing fan H.N might call him P...k tho.

Thing is, it's not a strictly old firm word, it's widely used.

I've seen dozens of people foaming over shit like this on twitter...then the very next tweet it's #AMF.

Too many people are waaaaaay to easy offended at the slightest shite these days.

I don't agree people should be protected from "offence" either but I don't make the laws of the land and want equal treatment with anyone else. I don't believe OTL would have dared publish a derogatory term about any other group either. Nor do I think when we are complaining about falling attendances should we be publicly selling fanzines that alienate potential supporters.

I'm a Protestant, raised in and still in the Church of Scotland, and would never be offended by the term. As far as I'm concerned, it applies to Rangers fans, and (since I'm a historian) to the Hunnic people of the early medieval period.

I thought it was a good issue of the magazine, myself, and good work by those who produced it.

Well that's not how most other people perceive it applies as we have established and I dont believe you are so naive that this is the first time you've heard otherwise either...

The Scottish social attitudes is the most rigorous and systematic representation of public attitudes that exists in the country.

You may well use both words to describe them- you didn't pen the article and if you had then it would have been published. However we have a situation now where there are a number of Airdrie fans who are so utterly desperate to shed the reputation of "mini Rangers" that they have begun adopting the terminology of Celtic supporting bigots in order to do so. I find the term offensive as do significant numbers of others. It is not for you to decide who or what people should find as offensive or banter.

Neither is it for you to decide, however we've unfortunately been saddled with the decision to make it offensive due to rushed and poorly thought out legislation. Meanwhile in the real world it has absolutely f**k all to do with religion only perceived as such by those who also perceive fans of certain clubs to be one religion or the other.

As an agnostic raised in a Church of Scotland family I perceive the term to have nothing whatsoever to do with religion and am in full agreement with the above.

Well that's not how most other people perceive it applies as we have established and I dont believe you are so naive that this is the first time you've heard otherwise either...

The only people who perceive it as offensive are the ones who so desperately want to be offended that they can then complain about it.

An interesting, frank and honest interview with the chairman in yesterday's programme.

A good read overall - admits that he's made mistakes and talks about his plans for the club. Certainly ambitious which makes a positive change from the last few years.

Interesting reading about the stadium too. He does want to buy it but there's currently no chance of that happening.

An interesting, frank and honest interview with the chairman in yesterday's programme.

A good read overall - admits that he's made mistakes and talks about his plans for the club. Certainly ambitious which makes a positive change from the last few years.

Interesting reading about the stadium too. He does want to buy it but there's currently no chance of that happening.

Really impressed with what he's saying, however seems to get too bothered by what people say on that Internet...

The STI kid and Christwhatabitch going for the Internet Champion of the World Title tonight.

Boring Kerr to referee the contest and provide incisive analysis.

Like Pat Nevin watching a Dundee game.

Supposedly the stadium company was taking £2.50 a ticket for that match at the stadium today.

Like Pat Nevin watching a Dundee game.

Supposedly the stadium company was taking £2.50 a ticket for that match at the stadium today.

Might just cover the fumigation costs now that the great unwashed have departed the building

I've read before that the stadium company was losing money but surely with Airdrie as a tenant, Motherwell u-20's seemingly using it full-time, as well as other games taking place here and there, ala today, they must be doing alright for the moment? If they aren't they must be pretty badly run.

I've read before that the stadium company was losing money but surely with Airdrie as a tenant, Motherwell u-20's seemingly using it full-time, as well as other games taking place here and there, ala today, they must be doing alright for the moment? If they aren't they must be pretty badly run.

Our U20's use it quite allot also.

Archived