The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

The more I read that article the more I cringe. The calling out individuals and faux outrage is utterly crass. A chairman should be rising above internet chatter. Especially a hairy arsed, thick skinned, cantankerous haulage boss. Whoops, that'll be me on the naughty step now.

What was the point of the article?

The Ravenscraig deal is a real slap for the stadium and, along with the u20s seemingly using M*rr*y Park now, highlights a growing chasm with the stadium.

I'd rather have our club in the stadium than at Ravenscraig and M*rr*y Park. Anyone who thinks paying to use a park that bears the name of the b*****d who killed our club is a good idea can go f**k themselves.

Someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning!

I didn't even pick up on the Murray Park thing to be honest. Is that long term?

It's a great interview in my opinion. No hidden agendas and wears his heart on his sleeve. Trying to open up clear communication with the fans which has been missing for a long time, for whatever reason.

The stadium issue will drag on forever. Stubborn minded businessmen who won't want to give in to each other.

PM'd you btw.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stadium is a far better facility and NLL have a gym in Airdrie.

f**k Ravenscraig and Murray Park

I get your issue regarding Murray park but struggling to see what is wrong with Ravenscraig? The stadium may be a better facility in some respects but is Ravenscraig not costing us less money?

Ravenscraig is one of only three full size indoor pitches in Scotland. That means you are never going to have your training sessions postponed due to an unplayavle surface or wasted playing in drab weather. Its a million miles above the Excelsior. You don't know the financial terms either.

I'm never in a good mood. And I think the "no hidden agenda" quote is the exact opposite EJF. Time will tell.

I'm retiring from internet message boards. Clearly i'm mental and everything is rosy.

Bollocks. I saw you smile once. It was 1989 if I remember correctly.

Internet message boards are tiring work mate...

And the hidden agenda thing....aye, perhaps. Maybe I am being naieve. Got to take it for what it is though and enjoy what is a far more promising time than we have had for several years.

The more I read that article the more I cringe. The calling out individuals and faux outrage is utterly crass. A chairman should be rising above internet chatter. Especially a hairy arsed, thick skinned, cantankerous haulage boss. Whoops, that'll be me on the naughty step now.

What was the point of the article?

The Ravenscraig deal is a real slap for the stadium and, along with the u20s seemingly using M*rr*y Park now, highlights a growing chasm with the stadium.

I'd rather have our club in the stadium than at Ravenscraig and M*rr*y Park. Anyone who thinks paying to use a park that bears the name of the b*****d who killed our club is a good idea can go f**k themselves.

Didn't realise that your 20s were playing at Murray Park too, doesn't make you a bad club

I find the levels of paranoia from some folk utterly mind boggling.

For around 13 years we had owners who, while performing the town a fantastic service by giving us a club to support, by in large took very few risks. Everything was run on a break even basis and our main focus was existence. They were heavily criticised for this approach, especially in the later days of their tenure.

Now we have a new owner who recognises the positives of the previous regime's rein, but also how that can be improved upon. What he is proposing is risky, but the club will never move forward without some risk. Well thought out and calculated risk.

Yes we've been burned - Peat, Archibald and everyone in the background who had a hand in our club's demise in the run up to 2002. However, that doesn't mean we need to hound everyone else who tries something with the club, to the point where they give up.

The stadium issue is what it is. It won't change anytime soon and we need to accept that, the stadium company have a viable business which makes money, why would they let that go? They're not going to care whether Airdrie use it or Ravenscraig Monday to Friday, as they'll get plenty of other business.

Tom Wotherspoon is trying something new and deserves credit for that. It was only a year or so ago that people had their daggers out for the stadium company because it was heavily rumoured that they were fleecing us on stadium costs, now people are concerned what they'll say as we're training elsewhere??

By all means, ask questions, take a real interest in why Wotherspoon, et al are doing what they're doing - but try to enjoy the fact that someone is trying something.

FFS look at the nick of some of you's full time football next season a bit of ambition in our history and c***s are still no happy get a grip we've got a great oppourtunity here just stop moaning and posting shite on here n get behind the team and board

ONE TOM WOTHERSPOON!!!!!!!

Didn't realise that your 20s were playing at Murray Park too, doesn't make you a bad club

We're not. We played at Murray Park on Monday because we were away to Dumbarton and correct me if I'm wrong, but that is where your U20s play there home games.

Witherspoon bought his shares Archibald didn't Witherspoon backing up what he says and true ballaytynes got slated but they saved Airdrie and fans wanted us to improve and small minority who I bet hardly go to the games who want ambition then moan when it's shown any business put money into is a rish is why Witherspoon's comments are commendable quality over quantity and slight increase the wages and I think also ballaytynes on board also as gives tom support if required.

Can you picture it,. Aye, we're much better served training outside in the pishing rain at the Excelsior and cramping on a mini bus down to the Gym at Airdrie Leisure Centre. :lol: That's the sort of tinpot setups clubs in Scotland have had for years. Thistle had a mini gym at Firhill they would use before hopping on mini-busses to some playing fields at Loretto in Bishopbriggs or walking to Firhill complex. The amount of time wasted and the general amateurishness of that setup, who the f**k wants that?

Airdrie's new setup looks as good as any club's in Scotland outside of the top 4 or 5 now. I'm actually surprised Motherwell didn't get in there some time ago.

We're not. We played at Murray Park on Monday because we were away to Dumbarton and correct me if I'm wrong, but that is where your U20s play there home games.

Nope you're correct, I thought there was someone saying it was a terrible decision for your 20s to play at MP. May well have misread it though

Nope you're correct, I thought there was someone saying it was a terrible decision for your 20s to play at MP. May well have misread it though

Someone did say that but I think they've just been mistaken having seen that we played your lot there.

Don't know what the current status of Excelsior with regards U20's matches is going to be as we've played a home game recently at the leisure centre in Airdrie. Certainly haven't seen any announcement regards them playing anywhere other than the stadium.

The game against Stranraer on 27th December was at the leisure centre but that was just a one-off. The remainder of this seasons home games will be played at the stadium. However, I think from next season, the U20s will play their games at Ravenscraig and the stadium will only be used for first team games.

I get feeling tom has managed to get a good deal on alba it showed you them talking to believe council member saying want promote professional team get feeling tom got fair deal and involved ravenscraig with some good publicity.

Archived