Prince Charles' letters

So this is what the Guardian pursued through the courts for 10 years, running up huge legal bills for the taxpayer?

Pathetic.

On the contrary, the Government has ran up huge legal bills hiding fairly pointless letters. They could have released them 10 years ago and everyone would've shrugged their shoulders.

I really don`t see the issue here. What exactly has he done wrong? He wrote letters to ministers. So what? There`s nothing to stop you writing letters to ministers.

The issue for me would be if said ministers were basing policy on his opinions. I don`t really understand why people are so bothered by him writing letters.

I still think he`s a fanny mind you...

He's supposed to be politically neutral, that's part of the constitutional settlement that allowed the royals to remain when Charles II was brought back after we cut off Charles I's head. He clearly isn't being neutral by writing these letters is he, that's why its being described as a constitutional crisis.

He's supposed to be politically neutral, that's part of the constitutional settlement that allowed the royals to remain when Charles II was brought back after we cut off Charles I's head. He clearly isn't being neutral by writing these letters is he, that's why its being described as a constitutional crisis.

So what you're saying is he should be beheaded?

I'm on board. Guillotine or an axe?

If I recall rightly, Charlie Bucket holds the world record for longest time as heir to the throne. Would be hilarious if he popped his clogs before Auld Bettie after waiting all this time.

Archived