Holyrood '16 polls and predictions

Crùbag

More stories about your impressive (almost) 20 year career would be good though.

That was fascinating. Imagine an (almost) 20 year career.. Getting misty eyed just thinking about it.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You asked me why I was qualified to comment.

I told you.

You seem to be having problems with my answer because it doesn't suit you.

Deal with it.

That's all you're getting.

Problem is Walter. You're a noted liar and fantasist.

Your 'career' claims are as credible as Seamus.

Brilliant that you've returned to claim expertise in graduate recruitment not months after you attempted to claim the majority of Scottish graduates move to England :lol:

What a fanny.

???

When it comes to "ranking" universities, exactly who else did you have in mind?

The church?

Your mother?

Mrs Miggins at the local Greggs?

Your mates?

The guys at the pub?

People running the dole office?

Dolphins?

Small furry animals?

Toy dolls?

Other graduates from ancient universities who want to believe their degree is better than anyone else?

Clearly I'm having a nightmare so help me out - who am I missing here?

Who else has an opinion on the relative ranking of a Scottish university whose opinion outranks that of employers?

Given that nearly 95% of graduates will end up at employers, I'd say NOBODY'S opinion outranked that of employers.

Look, whilst I myself am a complete sellout who followed the money when choosing what degree to do, many people have other factors.

University rankings are made up of many factors and graduate employment is just one of them

I've already answered this question.

I don't appreciate having to answer questions twice just because you can't be arsed trawling back one or two pages.

Exactly the sort of lazy fucking question that employers hate :) .

Here's a wee thought. Get your finger out your own arse and present us all with a list of the vast numbers of large employers who are currently stating they require you to have attended a particular university type.

That would help the debate rather than your snidey question.

You'll find very few of them.

You said they ranked them and then that they didn't rank them because they didn't care about the uni.

Why the f**k would I do that. I've already told you that I've seen employers asking for degrees from a Russell Group university. Do a 2 second google search you dumb f**k and you'll see the adverts for yourself.

Right, so can I get into 3rd year of a Power Engineering degree at caley or I can get into 2nd year of electrical engineering at Strathy or Glasgow. Will it really make that much difference to my job prospects ? I mean I'd probably have to pack my job in and be skint for a while taking the better uni route...... Thoughts ?

My money is on not much difference as long as you are doing well in exams and come across in interviews as the sort of person they want to hire.

Thanks man, that's what I was thinking and that's what I'm going to do..... I think :lol:

You said they ranked them and then that they didn't rank them because they didn't care about the uni.

Why the f**k would I do that. I've already told you that I've seen employers asking for degrees from a Russell Group university. Do a 2 second google search you dumb f**k and you'll see the adverts for yourself.

Oaksoft is an utter moron. I really wouldn't encourage him.

Someone who claims to be an expert in graduate recruitment, yet stated the majority of Scottish graduates move to England. Mmmmmmmmmm

Right, so can I get into 3rd year of a Power Engineering degree at caley or I can get into 2nd year of electrical engineering at Strathy or Glasgow. Will it really make that much difference to my job prospects ? I mean I'd probably have to pack my job in and be skint for a while taking the better uni route...... Thoughts ?

Anyone else have any thoughts on this ? Maybe a uni lecturer or person involved in recruitment.

I said businesses ranked them?

Where did I say that?

If anyone on here seriously thinks one of these universities is substantially better than the other then frankly you are either taking the piss , deluding yourself or you have no idea how the business world ranks these universities.

There's no shortage of views on this.

You know how the rankings are made up and you know or should find out what most employers think.

Time to make your own mind up.

Well clearly I will make my own mind up smartarse.

FFS seriously? You really can't interpret the English language?

I made a proposition in that sentence.

The point being you don't actually know whether they rank them or not.

The answer being that they don't generally rank them.

You have got to be taking the piss here. Did you get standard grade English?

Then get on with it and stop pestering the rest of us with your needy "help me, help me" questions.

Or you could have decided not to reply you utter cretin :lol:

Anyway, continue your furious back peddling over how unis are ranked. It's slightly entertaining :)

FFS seriously? You really can't interpret the English language?

I made a proposition in that sentence.

The point being you don't actually know whether they rank them or not.

The answer being that they don't generally rank them.

You have got to be taking the piss here. Did you get standard grade English?

Then get on with it and stop pestering the rest of us with your needy "help me, help me" questions.

Do you never tire of being continually destroyed all over the place by pretty much everyone on this site?

If I said 'you have no idea how Jim makes bread' nobody with a fucking brain in their skull would take that to mean 'you don't know whether Jim makes bread or not'. If that's what you'd meant, that's what you should have said.

You also said employers didn't rank them beyond Oxbridge. You're wrong. Some do.

I seriously doubt comparing educational qualifications is an area you'd get much joy from.

Archived