Holyrood '16 polls and predictions

Crùbag

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why what? Why did some of families of the victims support the release? Because the fact was it was a miscarriage of justice. Convicted basically on the words of a Maltese based shop owner who is now known to have lied in court.

His release was not a quashing though. His guilt or lack of it played no part in his release.

His release was not a quashing though. His guilt or lack of it played no part in his release.

An innocent man didn't die in a prison in a foreign country because said country has some compassion.

It was a ballsy decision and the correct decision.

An innocent man didn't die in a prison in a foreign country because said country has some compassion.

It was a ballsy decision and the correct decision.

His release had nothing to do with whether he was guilty or not

The government that released his recognise his guilt

Also, I may be wrong but I thought him dropping his appeal was part of the deal when he was released?

Exactly. The Scottish government were so convinced of his guilt that they forced him to drop his appeal in order to have him freed

What typically happens when a prisoner is ill? They go to the hospital under arrest, right? That's what I'd have done to Megrahi

So we should have been seen to be tough but not really. Not really sure what that achieves except breaking our own laws. I don't think the appeal should have been a factor

Archived