Stenhousemuir FC - The League 2 Champions - The 2024/25 Thread

Stuart Malcolm away. Doesn't want dual playing/coaching role - wants to keep playing. 

Whereabouts are you seeing this?

Everyone at the club talks very highly of Stuart Malcolm and his positive influence in the dressing room but, my God, he was a shocking player last term. I won't cover old ground, you can read all that elsewhere in the thread, but he looked finished at League 1 level and completely past his best. Mistake followed mistake followed mistake.

Can't see him joining another club in this division but I could imagine him doing a job for someone like the Shire in the Lowland League.

Whereabouts are you seeing this?

Everyone at the club talks very highly of Stuart Malcolm and his positive influence in the dressing room but, my God, he was a shocking player last term. I won't cover old ground, you can read all that elsewhere in the thread, but he looked finished at League 1 level and completely past his best. Mistake followed mistake followed mistake.

Can't see him joining another club in this division but I could imagine him doing a job for someone like the Shire in the Lowland League.

The font of all knowledge - Falkirk Herald

Glad to see the back of Malcolm to be honest. Had high expectations for him but from his stupid sending off against Peterhead which cost us that game he was pretty poor all season and not a patch on the player he had been.  He may have been an influence off the park but I am pretty sure if he had stayed then he would have been playing in the first team. 

The big man's confirmed he's leaving on his Twitter page.

This leaves Bomber and Davie Irons with a big challenge. We need two centre-backs for next season (maybe even three, depending on where the management intends to field Ross Meechan) and, off the top of my head, I can't really think of any established defenders who might be available.

Ben Gordon? Bryan Wharton? Gerry McLauchlan? I would imagine these boys would have their eye on teams a little further up the food chain.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

There is always the loan market for a centre half.

How many decent centre-backs have we had on loan? Gordon Lennon and Michael Devlin are the only two that spring to mind. We've seen lads like Paddy Mailey, Alan Gilbride, Joe Mbu and Ross Smith, to name just a few, pitch up with little success.

I'm reasonably comforted by the fact that Bomber has acknowledged centre-back has been a problem position for us all season so I'd imagine (I'd hope!) he would have had a few targets lined up long before now.

After his brief spell with us last season, I highly doubt Buist is a player of League 1 calibre at the moment.

He is one of these players; good with us, shite with everyone else.

According to a east stirling player I know, he says most of their budget went to stenny for ground hire. He doesn't think they will stay there so will that Impact upon stenny budget for next season ?

Where will they go exactly?