Stenhousemuir FC - The League 2 Champions - The 2024/25 Thread

I know a few Stranraer fans and as well as the Celtic game last year they also had United live on Sky the year before. That's 100k pa for 2 years plus managing the Rangers money looks like it has helped their finances

Yesterday's Family Day was tremendous. Although it lacked a real main event like last year's wrestling, it was superbly attended and everyone looked like they were having a great time. What better way to spend the afternoon than by drinking on the Ochilview pitch? Magical.

No news on any signings.

Ken whits shite?

Knowing Andy Graham is the ideal signing for us at centre back and we could have got him a few years back. Looking forward to him signing for Alloa/Clyde/Stranraer and dreaming of what could have been,

With Bomber heading off on holiday very soon I was expecting some news. Let's hope he has left the board with a big list of targets while he is away. Pretty crap group for the cup I was hoping for a couple of bigger names just to get some money in. Biggest crowd all season was for to family day. Thistle at home would be okay but the others😞

Good stuff, pleased to hear that. Stephen Stirling's form went up and down over the course of the season but on the whole he did us a very decent turn, while big Jim Paterson looked very capable when he took over at left-back from Liam Henderson; having someone with that level of experience around the club can only be a good thing.

So far we have signed up:

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Ciaran Summers

Jim Paterson

Ross Meechan

Jamie McCormack

Midfielders:

Alan Cook

Mark Gilhaney

Kieran Millar

Stephen Stirling

Liam McCrory

Strikers:

Colin McMenamin

Allan Smith

Two goalkeepers, two centre-backs, a central midfielder, a winger and two strikers and we'll be good to go for the season ahead, I'd reckon.

McCabe is certainly a step up on Jamie Barclay. He isn't the finished article but hopefully a season of first team football will do him, and us, good.

Carlos is now the only player we have to hear about for next season I think.

Whereabouts are you seeing this information on McCabe (and indeed Paterson and Stirling)? There's nothing on the website.

I can only add to what Beaver1 said about the goalkeeper - he's infinitely better than Jamie Barclay and capable of pulling off brilliant saves now and again but he's still pretty green and will need an experienced head in front of him (Andy Graham?) to help him keep the defence in check. A step in the right direction.

Whereabouts are you seeing this information on McCabe (and indeed Paterson and Stirling)? There's nothing on the website.

I can only add to what Beaver1 said about the goalkeeper - he's infinitely better than Jamie Barclay and capable of pulling off brilliant saves now and again but he's still pretty green and will need an experienced head in front of him (Andy Graham?) to help him keep the defence in check. A step in the right direction.

McCabe could be a good signing. He should be more confident after last season although he made a few mistakes they were part of his learning curve.

You really cannot be surprised that there is nothing on our website.

Edited by Moonglum25

McCabe could be a good signing. He should be more confident after last season although he made a few mistakes they were part of his learning curve.

You really cannot be surprised that there is nothing on our website.

Stirling & Paterson were confirmed on the "Warriors Family Day"video part two.

As for Colin McCabe i assume it can only be the paperwork that needs to be finalised you just have to be patient

for confirmation.

Stirling & Paterson were confirmed on the "Warriors Family Day"video part two.

As for Colin McCabe i assume it can only be the paperwork that needs to be finalised you just have to be patient

for confirmation.

To be fair, not everyone's going to watch the Family Day videos; that kind of news merited its own story.

I see Andy Graham's signed for Alloa Athletic. Are there any decent, experienced centre-backs out there?

To be fair, not everyone's going to watch the Family Day videos; that kind of news merited its own story.

I see Andy Graham's signed for Alloa Athletic. Are there any decent, experienced centre-backs out there?

Dougie Hill might still be knocking around, and with Graham and Marr presumably being Alloa's first choice starting CBs he might be worth a punt.

Dougie Hill might still be knocking around, and with Graham and Marr presumably being Alloa's first choice starting CBs he might be worth a punt.

According to a post on Alloa forum, Dougie wants to stay in the Championship. Are Dumbarton sorted for central defence?

According to a post on Alloa forum, Dougie wants to stay in the Championship. Are Dumbarton sorted for central defence?

We've got Barr, Wright and Pettigrew all signed who can play there, with Buchanan also rumoured to be joining soon.

So I'd say aye, we are.