Stenhousemuir FC - The League 2 Champions - The 2024/25 Thread

Sandy Cunningham has signed up for the rest of the season

Yes Beaver1, Sandy is a Striker.

Good luck to the lad, always a player I liked, but he was a little frustrating at times under McLaren. He can be absolutely wonderful or absolutely anonymous but the Stenny support will love him.

Fair play to him, I always quite liked him at Stirling Albion, always thought he was a wee livewire, especially around the period Rangers were looking at him. If I remember correctly, he wasn't too hot during his final years at Forthbank and his move to London probably came at the right time.

We've been needing a striker for a while - Mark McGuigan's really needed support - so I hope turns out to be a worthwhile signing.

On 20/02/2018 at 10:25, CEMSFC said:

Sandy Cunningham has signed up for the rest of the season

Interesting addition. 

23 hours ago, beaver1 said:

Striker? Hope so - it's the most obvious area that needs strengthened.

I doubt he'll play out and out up top unless when he went down south he turned into a different player.  He looked fairly handy on the ball in his loan spell with us before he departed Stirling, but were I a Stenny fan I wouldn't be expecting a goalscorer. He's very much of the #10 mould and his best attributes seemed to contribute to creativity more than scoring. In honesty, I can imagine he'd compliment McGuigan quite well, but I wouldn't be expecting a straight 4-4-2 were he to be in the side.

3 minutes ago, Matty1945 said:

You should be worried. Bad move by stenny imo

He's been brought in for 28 days. Our usual keeper Chris Smith is dealing with a family illness and won't be back for a few weeks. 

Shocked that we brought someone in, as I was told last night we would only bring in someone to start ahead of Lewis.

Stenhousemuir have signed Mark Foden on an emergency loan from Ross County.
Having watched him playing for Stirling Albion earlier in the season, I'm a little worried!

So you should be worried, All I am going to say to you is 4 words Lothian Thistle Hutchinson Vale. [emoji24]

Let’s hope for your sake Chris Smith is not out for any length of time, otherwise you might kiss goodbye to any playoff hopes.

• 4 weeks later...

I just saw that Colin McCabe has been playing for bohemians in the league of Ireland premier, also not surprised to see them sitting second bottom, a player who struggled with us last season. While granted we weren’t at our best, he had a fair few shockers. Don’t think he is league of Ireland premier level, as he sure as hell wasnt Scottish league 1 level.