Stenhousemuir FC - The League 2 Champions - The 2024/25 Thread

He was alright. He's a tank of a boy, he's decent in the air and very aggressive to boot, but he could be lackadaisical at the worst possible moments - he cost us goals against Cowdenbeath and Ayr United through dreadful lapses. I would have kept him on, though, I thought there was something to work with there.

We played him at left back for the last two games and he could get forward quickly. But he was slow getting back. He was a good defender but was only used when Malcolm was benched or Summers was suspended.

If Malcolm has been offered another playing contract and we have let Murray go it's a really bizarre decision. I suppose like the Robbo situation only time will tell, very early days but pretty miffed at those two decisions.

To be honest, I'm not sure Murray was worth another contract. Having said that, I'm amazed Malcolm isn't on that list.

I hoped Robertson was going to be better than he actually was. The first half of the season he was pretty guff, but he did improve towards the end. But we'll just have to wait and see who the replacements are.

Murray was not released, the club wanted him to stay but he has other offers. Not really sure how a player can be 'released' if he's out of contract. The phrase 'moving on' used on the website is more accurate.

Cheers for clearing that up, Euan. All the best with whatever team you join next.

Colin McMenamin has just tweeted announcing he's staying for another season. Very pleased with this, he's never let us down in the last two years. Get another couple of solid strikers in alongside him and we'll be looking alright up top.

Here's an interesting interview with the manager and an update on some signings - CLICK.

In addition to those mentioned above, Jamie McCormack, Alan Cook and Allan Smith have agreed terms for next season. Happy enough with that, they all played well in spells over the course of the last year. The big challenge will be getting Smith up to full fitness, Christ knows when he'll be over the worst of his lurgy.

Good stuff from Bomber and the club putting that up.

Happy with the three lads signing up I had a bad feeling we might lose Cook. McCormack has developed into a solid operator and if we can somehow get Smith fit he will be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Nothing about Steph I'm assuming he must still be mulling things over.

Best of luck to Euan Murray that sounds like a decent opportunity for him.

Colin McMenamin has just tweeted announcing he's staying for another season. Very pleased with this, he's never let us down in the last two years. Get another couple of solid strikers in alongside him and we'll be looking alright up top.

Cant agree FF,your usually on the ball but saw McMenamin at Stair pk recently,him and Scotland hardly touched the ball,think he's finished.

Cant agree FF,your usually on the ball but saw McMenamin at Stair pk recently,him and Scotland hardly touched the ball,think he's finished.

That's fair enough, I wasn't at that match (I haven't been to many away matches this season - one game on the road all year, an all-time low) but from having seen him at home, he's still a very handy player. He's someone who'll give 100 per cent every match and is always willing to put himself about, even if it's to no great effect. He still has something to offer.

I don't think he's finished, far from it, but I don't think he can be our main striker this season. We'll need another couple of forwards in, no doubt about it. I don't think any team in the division can go into the season with a 35-year-old as their key frontman.

(Scotland, meanwhile, looked done by the time the season came to a close. He started off superbly but an injury over Christmas really seemed to drain the goodness from him. Even if he wasn't retiring I would still have moved him on.)

If Smith can get fit it would take the burden off of Colin a bit. No wonder he looked done towards the end of the season as he ran his bollocks off for the team since Scotland came on board.

He will still score goals next season but we have to take the pressure off of him a bit and get in another striker.

Hopefully Smith is fit for pre- season. When he got injured, it impacted on the team. We weren't as good going forward and lost more games.

He is a good wee player, partner him with Colin then sit back.

Surprised Stenny have released Robbo. You might have been playing in Lg2 had it not been for him in the game against Cowden. He played well.

Hope we go for him.

He'd be an asset to most teams in the division. It was alleged he'd left the club after an argument with Davie Irons so Bomber's explanation that he didn't fit into the management's new tactical vision seems a bit disingenuous.

All the best to him, he did us a decent turn towards the end of the season.