Stenhousemuir FC - The League 2 Champions - The 2024/25 Thread

31 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

There was no official announcement, apparently at the instructions of the manager, but Stenhousemuir have taken winger Scott Tomlinson on loan from Ayr United. I'm not sure if it's until January or until the of the season but he is rapid. He had two promising runs down the flank on his debut against Queen of the South at the weekend before falling out of the game a little. There's definitely something to work with here and I imagine he's in line for a start against Inverness Caledonian Thistle if Ross Taylor is unavailable.

In other news, I'm sorry to see Cammy McIntyre depart the club so quickly after rejoining. I hope the media team can recruit someone with his zeal for the club to work on its video content.

What possible reason is there for not announcing a signing? Seems bizarre. 

24 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What possible reason is there for not announcing a signing? Seems bizarre. 

To not let us know in advance of Saturday for preparation I would guess, although he didn't start anyway so his impact was off the bench 2nd half. As @Francesc Fabregas says, he's VERY quick. The first time he properly sprinted he gave Oscar MacIntrye (who isn't slow) 2 or 3 yards start in a 50 yard race and got to the ball about three yards ahead of him. Fortunately his use of it once he got there didn't match his afterburner pace. I guess if it did he wouldn't be getting punted out on loan by Ayr.

EDIT - Not sure why they wouldn't officially announce after the game though?

Edited by Skyline Drifter

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

To not let us know in advance of Saturday for preparation I would guess, although he didn't start anyway so his impact was off the bench 2nd half. As @Francesc Fabregas says, he's VERY quick. The first time he properly sprinted he gave Oscar MacIntrye (who isn't slow) 2 or 3 yards start in a 50 yard race and got to the ball about three yards ahead of him. Fortunately his use of it once he got there didn't match his afterburner pace. I guess if it did he wouldn't be getting punted out on loan by Ayr.

EDIT - Not sure why they wouldn't officially announce after the game though?

Aye, more why they haven't announced it now.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, more why they haven't announced it now.

At the end of last season our excellent media team all left, some to take up paid positions elsewhere, some for work/university reasons. Since then there has been a rotating cast of inexperienced youngsters trying their best and self promoting chancers. There really is no excuse for not having even the most basic post about the signing though.

Congratulations to Gregor Buchanan on making his 50th appearance for the club on Saturday. It's not an exaggeration to say he's one of Stenhousemuir's all-time greatest players and captained us through the best season of our lifetimes.

Here's to the next 50!

Scott Tomlinson was highlighted in a different colour to the rest of the Stenhousemuir substitutes on Saturday in (approx)2pm posts on X and Facebook, perhaps in the hope that both Peter Murphy and Colin McMenamin are colour blind. As folks have said, the upheaval to the media team perhaps explain the omission of a formal announcement.

Finlay Allan was on the bench for Dundee Reserves in a match at Arbroath yesterday.

Edited by Dundee Hibernian