Stenhousemuir FC - The League 2 Champions - The 2024/25 Thread

25 minutes ago, Moonglum25 said:

The music is okay but the patter before is utter crap and given our results over the last few seasons perhaps not the best thing to be shouting.

Why not the best thing to be shouting?

The music is okay but the patter before is utter crap and given our results over the last few seasons perhaps not the best thing to be shouting.

The patter is exactly that...patter.

It's all a bit of fun and who cares, adds a bit of life to the game which at the lower echelons of Scottish football can be full of tedium and lifelessness. Besides if the kids enjoy it that's the main thing as they are the future of the club so you want to keep them coming along.

14 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

We've also signed former Albion Rovers and East Stirlingshire ace Ross Gilmour. Is he a good football player? I don't know.

Played in all of the friendlies and has done okay.

We've also signed former Albion Rovers and East Stirlingshire ace Ross Gilmour. Is he a good football player? I don't know.

Played in the Tully days for us, played as full back and winger. On his day can be a class act especially his crossing, then when it isn't working out he will hide away and be subbed.

All the best to him

8 hours ago, forrie_1 said:

Played in the Tully days for us, played as full back and winger. On his day can be a class act especially his crossing, then when it isn't working out he will hide away and be subbed.

All the best to him

1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:

He was horrendous for us 2 seasons ago. I was so shocked when he signed for Albion Rovers.

Cheers lads, thanks for the comments. I can't imagine Ross Gilmour will feature too often and he's only in to beef up the numbers.

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Absolutely Horrendous

Why can't they just have the sponsor writing all in white instead of having a white box with the font in it?

You do realise they've just dropped a image on for those pics yeah? May or may not be what the sponsor actually looks like

The strips looked a lot better out on the pitch than they did in the graphic - the sponsor's logo wasn't in a white box and printed straight onto the strip. The only mild criticism is that the red font of the sponsor doesn't look too great against the maroon on the strip, and looked like it had peeled off in the wash.

9 hours ago, clyde_darren said:

How did the young kid Halleran do today?

He certainly held his own for most of the match and showed some nice touches alongside Mark Ferry and Ross Gilmour in the middle of the park. His best moment of the game came midway through the second half when he was involved in an excellent combination of passes to set up Jimmy Scott on the edge of the area. He ran out of puff towards the end of the game as Queen of the South took control and he was eventually substituted but I think there's something to work with there. It's a big step from playing with the boys at the Forth Valley Football Academy to taking on a full-time Championship side. I hope he can make a lasting impact this season.