Forfar 2015-2016 Transfers/rumours/ updates

Wanted - A midfielder that can dictate the play and actually make forward passes..

Oh wait Foxy can do that can't he... #GiveFoxyAGame

Foxy got the first 2 games under the new management team and, as much as like him, he was pretty ineffective in both.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, but Hodge and Young got 120 minutes last night and both absolutely deserve to be dropped after their 'efforts'.

Agreed, and going by the way the manager has been quick to drop Nicoll and Foxy after a couple of indifferent performances, you would think Hodge and Young may be "rested" on Saturday. Martin may be dropped back into midfield with Ryan up front - Foxy may come back in too or maybe Gav Malin will be given some game time!

Agreed, and going by the way the manager has been quick to drop Nicoll and Foxy after a couple of indifferent performances, you would think Hodge and Young may be "rested" on Saturday. Martin may be dropped back into midfield with Ryan up front - Foxy may come back in too or maybe Gav Malin will be given some game time!

Actually said that late in the second half drop Martin to midfield ( I like him but the boy is clearly not a striker) for one of the backpass boys and get Hay or Smith up top for some fresh legs.

Actually said that late in the second half drop Martin to midfield ( I like him but the boy is clearly not a striker) for one of the backpass boys and get Hay or Smith up top for some fresh legs.

Yep, he's clearly a player and destined for good things (think he's only 18) and I think he was only up front due to the personnel we've got available. His best games are when he's in midfield, breaking forward rather than up top. (in my opinion anyway)

Gav Malin? seriously ? He couldn't get in the Montrose team.

haha - my tongue was firmly in my cheek with that one!!! Only dropped him in because we were speaking about midfielders and the manager had promised to give everyone a chance, and so far, Malin has been out of the picture. (partly due to being cup tied and probably partly down to the fact that if he couldn't get a game for a league 2 side....)

Foxy got the first 2 games under the new management team and, as much as like him, he was pretty ineffective in both.

He was played far too far up the pitch in the first cup game, best spot is just in front of the back 4 playing accurate through balls. Sittin g too far up the park his abilities are wasted.

He was played far too far up the pitch in the first cup game, best spot is just in front of the back 4 playing accurate through balls. Sittin g too far up the park his abilities are wasted.

against a junior team, I think he should have been a stand out regardless of where in the midfield he was deployed.

against a junior team, I think he should have been a stand out regardless of where in the midfield he was deployed.

If he's played out of position, he's played out of position, and you are not going to get the best out of him irrespective of who he's up against. As mentioned, his greatest assest is long accurate passes, you can't do that if the player you're passing to is less than 10 yards away.

If he's played out of position, he's played out of position, and you are not going to get the best out of him irrespective of who he's up against. As mentioned, his greatest assest is long accurate passes, you can't do that if the player you're passing to is less than 10 yards away.

You sure you're not getting him mixed up with Bobby Mann?

Guest bernardblack

I'd give Malin a run out on Saturday. At least he tries to play football, he just needs someone to help him going back the way.

Foxy posted missing v Queens and Linlithgow games, i do think he should have been on 2nd half last night though, midfield TOB (sitting) Martin (attacking) Omar and Danny wide......Nicholl, Dunlop centre halfs.......captains armband for Yano, Beakie his assistant....management is so fucking easy when you know how!!

Archived