Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee United today announced, subject to international clearance, the signing of 26-year-old Austrian striker Darko Bodul on a two-year deal.

Previously at Austrian Bundesliga outfit SC Rheindorf Altach, he joins United after catching the interest of Jackie McNamara whilst United were in the Netherlands for a training camp.

Capped at both Under-19 and Under-21 level for Croatia, Darko has an Austrian passport, and was regarded as one of the biggest attacking talents when he secured a two-year deal with Ajax in 2009.

His career since leaving Ajax has witnessed top level football in Denmark with Odense Boldklub and in Austria with Sturm Graz as well as with Rheindorf which finished third last season.

A delighted Jackie McNamara said, “Darko is an experienced quality striker. We have been chasing several strikers this summer but once it became apparent we could secure his signing, this was one we wanted completed quickly.

“He is a technically gifted, skilful and a penalty box goal scorer. I am excited about seeing him wear the United kit and he will entertain and excite our fans.”

Darko said, “This is a new, exciting chapter for me. The reputation United has for developing careers is an obvious appeal but first I want to come in and claim my place in the team. I can do that by scoring goals.

“I met with the Manager over in the Netherlands and saw how United was set up with the vision for the future. If I score the goals which make the fans happy, we will enjoy good times together. I cannot wait to meet up with my team mates and play for the Club.”

We've signed the next Nadir! Darko Bodul!

180DARKO-300x180.jpg

He looks a lot like someone famous but with a beard and different hair. Annoying the life out of me.

...more evidence of the Thompsons' VG eugenics program coming to fruition imo.

We've signed the next Nadir! Darko Bodul!

180DARKO-300x180.jpg

My word, Jackie does love to pull these signings from his ass.

Another prime evidence why listening to these 'rumours' is stupid - find me a person anywhere that had a source for this happening!

We play one up front and have Bodul, Bilate, Muirhead, Anier, Murray and Moore - at least two of them must be heading out the door or on loan.

I'm glad we're not wasting money on McKay - stick it in the Allan pile :rolleyes:

We play one up front and have Bodul, Bilate, Muirhead, Anier, Murray and Moore - at least two of them must be heading out the door or on loan.

I'm glad we're not wasting money on McKay - stick it in the Allan pile :rolleyes:

Anier and Moore for me. Moore will not make it and Anier has been a waste. Bodul, Bilate and Muirhead as the three first choice strikers, Murray with the odd appearance here and there.

Anier and Moore for me. Moore will not make it and Anier has been a waste. Bodul, Bilate and Muirhead as the three first choice strikers, Murray with the odd appearance here and there.

Well agreed on what should happen. Bizarre that Moore got the number 9 jersey.

I expect we might see Muirhead playing out wide occasionally too.

Take it this means this McKay deal isn't happening?

Im worried the Imrie deal isnt getting the priority it deserves.

Think if we shifted some out McKay could still be a goer, as we may look to play 2 up top this season, but unlikely. Anier is got to be top of the list. Weird giving Moore the no 9 jersey but suppose we dont know how he might have developed if he hadnt been ill. Could still become a player.

Archived