Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im worried the Imrie deal isnt getting the priority it deserves.

Think if we shifted some out McKay could still be a goer, as we may look to play 2 up top this season, but unlikely. Anier is got to be top of the list. Weird giving Moore the no 9 jersey but suppose we dont know how he might have developed if he hadnt been ill. Could still become a player.

Ah, 4-4-2. How my heart yearns for thee.

Love utds strategy here.

Step 1 - lower expectation - we won't be signing anyone else

Step 2 - sell best player

Step 3 - Link with big money bids for proven quality to replace him and enhance the overall team (McKay, Allan).

Step 4 - sign an exotic named no mark who has a terrible scoring record at an equivalent level and a big name players brother for f**k all.

To the Utd boards credit it appears the fans are lapping this up...

Incredible.

Love utds strategy here.

Step 3 - Link with big money bids for proven quality to replace him and enhance the overall team (McKay, Allan).

Step 4 - sign an exotic named no mark who has a terrible scoring record at an equivalent level and a big name players brother for f**k all.

Incredible.

Expert...

Love utds strategy here.

Incredible.

Ciftci's record was even worse, tbf

Love utds strategy here.

Incredible.

^^^ shitting it Dundee Derby style B)

:D

Not an expert - just perceptive and averse to being spoon fed shite.

Ciftci had played hardly any matches, most as a sub, and was still a raw, young player. This boy is 26 and hasn't really ever hit the net regularly. He was limited to 5 appearances the whole of last season....

For the first time in years I'm not shitting it for a Dundee Derby. This probably means we will get humped after some dodgy ref awards your obligatory penalty but the fact is there are no players in your squad to lose any sleep over anymore.

:D

Not an expert - just perceptive and averse to being spoon fed shite.

Ciftci had played hardly any matches, most as a sub, and was still a raw, young player. This boy is 26 and hasn't really ever hit the net regularly. He was limited to 5 appearances the whole of last season....

For the first time in years I'm not shitting it for a Dundee Derby. This probably means we will get humped after some dodgy ref awards your obligatory penalty but the fact is there are no players in your squad to lose any sleep over anymore.

I can't remember the last player in a Dundee shirt to lose sleep over tbh. Certainly not since the Bonetti cash-splurging era.

As I've mentioned before, going into 2013/14 after losing Russell, Flood and Daly, the only person in our squad worth losing sleep over was GMS, the rest was unknown or developing. Nevertheless, Robertson, Gauld, Armstrong and Ciftci as well as GMS have all moved onto bigger things.

We'll see how the current crop of potential and unknowns pan out. Promise not to throw a wobbly if we keep delivering humpings in the derby?

I can't remember the last player in a Dundee shirt to lose sleep over tbh. Certainly not since the Bonetti cash-splurging era.

As I've mentioned before, going into 2013/14 after losing Russell, Flood and Daly, the only person in our squad worth losing sleep over was GMS, the rest was unknown or developing. Nevertheless, Robertson, Gauld, Armstrong and Ciftci as well as GMS have all moved onto bigger things.

We'll see how the current crop of potential and unknowns pan out. Promise not to throw a wobbly if we keep delivering humpings in the derby?

How wonderful for you - I take it there is no point mentioning that from the bonetti era we have been in admin / the championship bar a couple of seasons so it's hardly a shocker that we haven't had the personnel to worry you. Effectively we've not had a player to worry about since we were last an established top flight side. Utd fans will say 10 years but effectively it's 9 games ;) That's a shock...

IMO souttar is your last top end product from that batch (with maybe coote who I like the look of but still early) and I think most Utd fans acknowledge your next batch, on current evidence, won't reach the heights of Armstrong, souttar, Gauld, and so on. Souttars position leaves him less of a worry, plus the fact he will have his eye on his next move in January/next season and likely doing his best to avoid injury.

I guess the main point I'm making is that you have had the Billy McKay carrot dangled and instead have signed a less than prolific player for no cash who Jackie can only have seen in training and pre-season matches. The perception of most Arabs is that this seems to kill the McKay deal stone dead

Who would you rather have? McKay or a complete unknown on jackies judgement. Remember - his last 3 strikers signed are bilate, anier and a plumber.

Now you are about to sign sneijder, which will likely signal an end to the prospect of McGinn and the ever tenuous links with Allan coming to fruition but as one of these players vaguely resembles ciftci and the other has a famous big brother most Arabs seem happy with that business.

To re-cap - you sold your best striker for 1.5 million, fans were agitating for investment, ST/Jackie started linking with big money moves for proven quality which appeased Utd fans to a point and then signs 2 exotic, complete unknowns, for f**k all and you're all happy again.

Sneijder and Darko might come and rip the league up for shitey paper - that won't change the fact you've once again been sold a pup by a chairman who clearly knows what he is doing with respect to maximising his return investment. He was never spending any money.

I don't throw wobblies about results bud - I deal in the facts I have present and available to me at the time. I'll be the first to admit Utd were a class above us in the derbies last season and despite our regular humpings I still went for a pint with my usual Post Derby drinking buddy. In typical Arab fashion he never turned up after our solitary win like....

You seem to be more concerned than most of us here, and seemingly more rattled by Thompson and McNamara's approach for some reason.

I'm absolutely fine with not going for McKay and getting Darko in instead. If it turns out he's a dud then he's a dud, and we move on, and it's a mark in Jackie's OOPS column rather than RESULT column. There's no guarantee McKay would do the business either. If Darko's a hit then whoopee, we've saved on a transfer fee and we have another cult hero.

Such is football.

You seem to be more concerned than most of us here, and seemingly more rattled by Thompson and McNamara's approach for some reason.

I'm absolutely fine with not going for McKay and getting Darko in instead. If it turns out he's a dud then he's a dud, and we move on, and it's a mark in Jackie's OOPS column rather than RESULT column. There's no guarantee McKay would do the business either. If Darko's a hit then whoopee, we've saved on a transfer fee and we have another cult hero.

Such is football.

You could say I'm rattled.

You could of course say I'm loving it and taking great delight in pointing out the way your chairman is ripping the pish but you boys are so blinded by passion for your club you can't (or more likely choose not to) see it.

You could of course say I'm loving it and taking great delight in pointing out the way your chairman is ripping the pish but you boys are so blinded by passion for your club you can't (or more likely choose not to) see it.

Are you making things up as you go along again, squire? Quite clearly rattled and I'm having trouble understanding why.

Imagine a chairman actually trying to run a football club as a business and putting it on a sound financial footing. Imagine eh?!

Archived