Dundee United 2015/16 Season

Nothing wrong with it whatsoever. He's still a bit of a c**t mind. That could be said of many a player though. Hibs have helped him get his career back on track, repays them by trying to engineer a move to their promotion rivals. A bit cunty.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/1323568-scott-allan-plans-to-stay-at-hibs-amid-celtic-and-rangers-links/

Asked what his message would be to Hibernian fans, Allan replied: "Nothing has changed for me. I've got a year left on my contract and I will be seeing that out."

He also gumbumped about repaying the faith that the Hibs coaching staff had shown in him.

Of course, United's involvement here is all smoke and mirrors for getting Imrie in.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McNamara did say in the Tele yesterday that his business is done. I'm glad. I think we have enough to work with and now it is down to how he and the coaches set them up. I still have major doubts about McNamara but hopefully I can be proven wrong. I wasn't very confident a few weeks ago but the usual new season optimism is beginning to kick in so maybe we will end up having a pretty decent season.

Actually forget to mention this, was at the gym yesterday and the only other two guys there were Ola Adeyemo and Justin Johnson. I've been told Johnson has a poor attitude and it was pretty much confirmed as he appeared in the gym and them immediately went to sit beside the pool for the entire time they were there. Ola was working really hard but then I made the cardinal sin of accepting his challenge of doing sets with me. I think I am in reasonable shape but it was pretty much like the Alan Shearer scene in Goal as I was straining away before he looked at the weight I was doing and scoffed before adding god knows how much extra weight. I felt a little bit intimidated but I didn't have the heart to tell him that he will probably be punted soon (noticed he wasn't in this year's squad photo but Johnson is). Mind you, at least he was actually doing something, compared to JJ.

McNamara did say in the Tele yesterday that his business is done. I'm glad. I think we have enough to work with and now it is down to how he and the coaches set them up. I still have major doubts about McNamara but hopefully I can be proven wrong. I wasn't very confident a few weeks ago but the usual new season optimism is beginning to kick in so maybe we will end up having a pretty decent season.

Well, that means fcuk all. Do we need to go through Jackie's history of saying this then pulling another signing out of his ass?

Well, that means fcuk all. Do we need to go through Jackie's history of saying this then pulling another signing out of his ass?

True but this close to the first game I'm hoping he means it this time.

BBC Gossip Column today states he's saying in the papers that he needs to ship players out before he can get new ones in.

Yeah, noone going out is the most surprising non-development since Holland. Wonder if this is more that the identified players are digging in, saying they want to fight for a place, or that noone wants them on the terms offered.

I never really believed Allan or McGinn would come to Tannadice. Allan has his eyes on Ibrox and McGinn has waited so long to choose a club, we're in the final week of the close season. Shows me that neither player wanted to be here. I'd rather have players who are hungry enough to want to come and progress.

Ola odeyma is worst United player ever seen ma good mate plays for east Fife go down watch them a few times last season he was on loan every game he was brutal even ma mate says couldn't believe he was a full time footballer

Actually forget to mention this, was at the gym yesterday and the only other two guys there were Ola Adeyemo and Justin Johnson. I've been told Johnson has a poor attitude and it was pretty much confirmed as he appeared in the gym and them immediately went to sit beside the pool for the entire time they were there. Ola was working really hard... at least he was actually doing something, compared to JJ.

Ola odeyma is worst United player ever seen ma good mate plays for east Fife go down watch them a few times last season he was on loan every game he was brutal even ma mate says couldn't believe he was a full time footballer

:lol:

JJ threw a wobbly after being subbied recently, apparently. Campbell not amused.

Whenever you post i just imagine its ralph wiggum from the simpsons speaking

BBC Gossip Column today states he's saying in the papers that he needs to ship players out before he can get new ones in.

He's been saying that for a while too. No surprise though - the squad is fecking huge!

It'll be interesting to see who doesn't even make it onto the bench on Sunday.

I never really believed Allan or McGinn would come to Tannadice. Allan has his eyes on Ibrox and McGinn has waited so long to choose a club, we're in the final week of the close season. Shows me that neither player wanted to be here. I'd rather have players who are hungry enough to want to come and progress.

I doubt we actually made an offer for McGinn. The fact he has elected to sign for a Championship side suggests we weren't interested or baulked at the compensation. Or perhaps it was just spin, with the club eager to appear as if they are prepared to pay for proven quality but with little intention of actually doing so? Heard a rumour that both our bids for Billy McKay were less than 100k.

Maybe Deefiant had a point?

Whenever you post i just imagine its ralph wiggum from the simpsons speaking

post-12838-0-83822500-1438271263_thumb.j

I doubt we actually made an offer for McGinn. The fact he has elected to sign for a Championship side suggests we weren't interested or baulked at the compensation. Or perhaps it was just spin, with the club eager to appear as if they are prepared to pay for proven quality but with little intention of actually doing so? Heard a rumour that both our bids for Billy McKay were less than 100k.

Maybe Deefiant had a point?

I red dotted you by mistake - sozzles m9.

I can be a wind up merchant but I genuinely believe there is some truth in what I was suggesting. It s based on nothing more than gut feeling but the rumoured Aussie stuff, the securing of Tannadice against a loan 3 days before the consortium for the Australia deal was formed etc are all adding up - no smoke without fire and all that.

Anyway I'm not getting into it again as it got a bit heated last time....

Archived