West 2nd Division 2015/16

Gartcairn Army

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't used to sign players though, the offer of a job! Plus lets be honest the jobs werent exactly the most appealing thing!!

I can tell you now that none of the CP players are working where you think they are anymore, but did that break the team up? In short - no!

Just trying to prove that money is not the reason for these boys staying where they are.

• 2 weeks later...

So with west of Scotland cup drawn, league cups decided and lots of teams in this division making some great signings whats your thoughts on the standard and what teams will do well or struggle??

I read on a few threads that people reckon this is the highest standard the 2nd division has been in a long time with several experienced players choosing to move to division 2.

Camby making some excellent signings and Lanark made 1 or two also. Forth are very quiet as are most others. Newmains seem to be attracting some great players with JF Junior and Coco. Ashfield appear to have some money to spend and then of course we have ourselves. Delighted with our squad and looking forward to the season ahead.

Cambuslang gartcairn benburb will all be up there I think. Ashfield have been very quiet don't know much about new signings and i think lanark lost they're best players last term imo. Dont think you can rule out perthshire either they lost out on the last day of season. Will be an interesting season good few teams in the mix this year.

Cambuslang thought last season was difficult, well this season looks even more difficult. Take a brave man to predict the promotion spots.

(1) Cambuslang Rangers

(2) Benburb

(3) East Kilbride

Wee Billy AT Perthshire wil have something to say about this, don,t dismiss them, they certainly will be in the mix

Cambuslang thought last season was difficult, well this season looks even more difficult. Take a brave man to predict the promotion spots.

(1) Cambuslang Rangers

(2) Benburb

(3) East Kilbride

I like EK Thistle for promotion this season as well.

I wrote them off at the start of last season when they were well fancied on this forum, but the players that they brought in mid season settled really well & they went on something like a 10 game unbeaten run.

Big Dukesy is a shrewd signing, Mark Bishop was a standout at this level at Cambuslang. Don't know anything about the boy Barry Rodgers, but keeping the likes of Alan McFadden, Liam Sloan & Connor Johnstone & the bulk of their team resigning, can see them challenging.

So with west of Scotland cup drawn, league cups decided and lots of teams in this division making some great signings whats your thoughts on the standard and what teams will do well or struggle??

I read on a few threads that people reckon this is the highest standard the 2nd division has been in a long time with several experienced players choosing to move to division 2.

Camby making some excellent signings and Lanark made 1 or two also. Forth are very quiet as are most others. Newmains seem to be attracting some great players with JF Junior and Coco. Ashfield appear to have some money to spend and then of course we have ourselves. Delighted with our squad and looking forward to the season ahead.

yeah a lot of "experienced"players moving to this division but only bcoz of the wages they are getting. Certain players are on a better wage in DIV 2 than super prem players.......FACT. Its always a hard league to get out of and my top 3 are Bens, Camby & EK.

yeah a lot of "experienced"players moving to this division but only bcoz of the wages they are getting. Certain players are on a better wage in DIV 2 than super prem players.......FACT. Its always a hard league to get out of and my top 3 are Bens, Camby & EK.

Any time a player drops down in to this league, someone always comes on & says its for the money.

If a player moves to a club for better money, he's quite entitled to. In every walk of life people change jobs for more money to make life better for themselves & their families, so these guys have the same right if the opportunity arises.

Last season it was Cambuslang, the season before that Forth, this season Gartcairn who were/are all getting the paying big wages/throwing money about accusations.

So what if they did/are. Its their money. They can spend it as they see fit. If they get into difficulty because of it it'll be their problem to deal with.

Archived