Armadale v Broughty

roseyposey

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game swung both ways in the second half. Dale scored early and didn't look to be troubled much by Broughty until an equaliser just before half time and a second soon after the interval had them rocking, a third from Sabanda (sp?) with a header over the keeper direct from a goal kick seemed to have them in control but Dale made it 2-3 within a minute, Dale got the equaliser and went ahead on aggregate with four mins left and that looked like being it, but slack defending in the last minute allowed Sabanda in for a hattrick and force penalties.

5 good penalties a piece before Dale missed the 6th and Broughty won promotion. Never seen a penalty taker sent off before!

Great value for £5.

Guest brycey

an absoloot belter o a game this guys 2 teems gaun hell fir leather fir 90 meenits it cooda went eether way tbh great advert fir junior fitba alas fir the dale it wisnae tae b in the end bit guid luk tae broughty in the superleegue u guys will defo b a welcum addition nxt seeson

an absoloot belter o a game this guys 2 teems gaun hell fir leather fir 90 meenits it cooda went eether way tbh great advert fir junior fitba alas fir the dale it wisnae tae b in the end bit guid luk tae broughty in the superleegue u guys will defo b a welcum addition nxt seeson

???

Guest brycey

Broughty win 6-5 on pens. Welcome to the big time lads... Great game.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

top drawer game this whit a thriller n weel dun tae broty hoo jist never gave up thon wee lee gadjie wae the hat trick wis ootstaundin unlucky oan the dale oan the nicht njoy the big tyme broughty its a hell o a ride guys

Really good healthy crowd tonight basking in glorious sunshine. A cracking game, shocking defending and great delivery, desire, drama, excitement and goals. Everything you could want as a neutral. Good banter as well and the wee lads finish for his perfect hat trick ( right foot, header, left foot) was outstanding and seemed somehow inevitable. post-45407-14339758258953_thumb.jpgPenalties were nervous too despite only one miss.. The league doesn't lie... Not good enough to stay up. The better team on the night won. Don't you just love football? Haste ye back...

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

First and foremast, I am absolutely delighted for my 'big' team, over the 2 legs I think Broughty shaded it by being a bit more on top for longer periods (most of both second halfs with even first 45s) and therefore ever so slightly deserved it overall. Secondly, I am delighted for myself that, with Arbroaths season,unfortunately; ending early and Broughtys going the full length and then some I have managed to see half a dozen performances that're worryingly close to what I watch week in week out, and if they can keep performances to the level I've seen and heard about in 2015 then I think there's a very good chance they can make an impression on the Super League.

Over the two games Paul McLellan seemed to be the biggest threat for Broughty, and Armadale doubled up on him very well in the first half tonight, but as the game wore on he got more space and this alongside the good switches of play from left/ right stretched Armadale which really opened things up and made it a very exciting game.

I was never Sibbys biggest fan at Gayfield in all honesty, but I always felt at this level he could be a cut above when on his game, and tonight really showed that. His finish for the first goal was a very well placed volley and the header for the second was superb, perfectly weighted.

At 3-1 up I thought it was in the bag, at 3-3 I thought it was in the bin..... definitely worth the trip..... Armadale also seems an affy nice wee toon - the locals in The Regal ken the score!

Archived