Thorniewood United's last Final?

thewood1924

Anyone know when Thorniewood United were last in a final? According to records in match day programme they last won silverware "Lanarkshire Junior Cup " in season 1964-65. But be interesting to see if anyone out there knows of a final appearance since.

Shooders should know he was at it

I just missed it Prez arrived in 66, I am looking forward to this one, getting relegated this season was a disappointment, but getting to a final has given us a lift. I am sure Blantyre will be be hurting after losing to Pollok on Saturday, but you just never know,

Would they have been Thorniewood United back in the 60s when they played their last final? Think they were called Tannochside Recreation at one point. Good to see Lanarkshire clubs doing well. The west region has become too dominated by Ayrshire in recent seasons.

Would they have been Thorniewood United back in the 60s when they played their last final? Think they were called Tannochside Recreation at one point. Good to see Lanarkshire clubs doing well. The west region has become too dominated by Ayrshire in recent seasons.

Did they not take the Caterpiller name briefly, after the massive factory just along the road?

Did they not take the Caterpiller name briefly, after the massive factory just along the road?

Slightly before my time, but think that was a separate club that played in Motherwell, and Thorniewood moved to their current ground when the Caterpillar plant was built on what had been their original ground.

I just missed it Prez arrived in 66, I am looking forward to this one, getting relegated this season was a disappointment, but getting to a final has given us a lift. I am sure Blantyre will be be hurting after losing to Pollok on Saturday, but you just never know,

Does anyone have info on the last final Thorniewood were in and who played? My Dad used to play for Thorniewood and as he has passed away I can't ask him if he was involved. An article in the local press piqued my interest.

I also wonder if you might have played with him shooders? His name was Denis McCormack and he was a full back.

Archived