NEWmains - resurgence

saladnorangejuice

Well guys seems like Newmains are that a NEWmains! JF seems to have brought a new lease of life to the club! My friends from Wishaw inform me a glamour friendly with Celtic is on the horizon and that the hospitality at Victoria Park is better than before......true they serve alcohol cause if that's the case I think I'll need to pop along for a game! Any new players signed or left?

Thanks for your kind words , but we are not doing anything out of the ordinary . The main aim was to make the place look better and feel more like a junior ground and to offer people that come to watch a place to get a pie/roll and sauasage /Bovril or whatever floats there boat . For us we have a massive job on our hands changing the perception of Newmains United , In the clubs 10 year history post Coltness they have never finished out the bottom 3 and never won 3 games in a row so I think that shows the magnitude of the job at hand but things are now moving along in the right direction . With regards game against Celtics Development squad this will be later in the season as they are away for 3/4 weeks of the pre season .

As a new resident of Newmains it'd be good to see better publicity of forthcoming games (maybe a noticeboard at the roundabout). Granted I spend Saturdays following Motherwell, where possible, however I always struggle to get my head around the short term fixture scheduling in the Juniors. Wishaw seem to be getting better at publicising fixtures and I've been enticed along recently, however with Newmains and Morningside growing in size it'd be good to spread the word here as well.

We have a committee of 6 guys who are the reason the club still exists like many other small clubs , but the management team and players aswell have all got on board with painting and cleaning the place up a bit . Making little changes that help the bigger picture achievable.

There are some mighty ill informed people out there. Any one who has had a beer at Newmains must have been one of our many highly successful raffle prize winners. To suggest anything else is at best incorrect, or even possibly malicious. The refurb at our place is attracting a lot of speculation, and rightly so as its spectacular by previous standards. However please don't make silly speculative comments which could be misconstrued , maybe by people with a hidden agenda. Please feel free to speak to any of the committee members if this post hasn't made things clear enough. All the best to all the teams in our league next season , It should be a cracker. Cant wait for it to start.

My apologies Billthetim, few of the camby guys said they had a cracking roll and beer last season must be pulling my pisser!

I was at the recent Newmains v Cambuslang game & seen quite a few punters drinking bottles of beer while watching the game. I just guessed they'd all brought it In with them.

I'm sure they did .........

I was at the recent Newmains v Cambuslang game & seen quite a few punters drinking bottles of beer while watching the game. I just guessed they'd all brought it In with them.

I'm sure they did .........

Look I'm just quoting what people around camby have said to me. I'm all for clubs making money from half time sales

Archived