Season Reflections

RobRoyGuy

Your favorite away day/game ? Dundee Violet the best away day, won 5-0 and excellent hospitality and good food.

Best game was beating Shettleston 4-3 at the turn of the year, after losing at Greenfield we had the chance to open up a massive gap, one we never reliqueshed on our way to the title. The game had everything and a massive 3 points for us.

Your favorite goal of the season ? I have 2, both scored by Ryan McCann. One was a world class finish/mishit cross in the west against Hurlford. The other the goal that won us the title against Irvine Vics, a tap in from 6yards.

Best result of the season in your opinion ? Beating Talbot on penalties. I was at school the last time we beat Auchinleck, I just got my degree on Monday, so it was a long long time coming. Both teams had players missing but it showed that we are on our way back, can compete with the best team in the country on our day and maybe we can look at challenging them for the league in the next couple of seasons.

Worst moment of the season for you either a game or incident that left you pissed off ? Hurlford in the 1/4s of the Scottish. We never turned up and the ref didn't help with some very one sided decisions. Not to mention the farce it wasn't played a week earlier, when I would have fancied our chances more.

Who have you enjoyed watching the most for your team not necessarily the best player just someone you have enjoyed watching develop or someone you know who you have took pleasure in watching play well consistently ? Tam Hanlon, someone that I thought could be a decent enough player in helping us come up. Was outstanding in almost every game, scored 9 goals from RB, and was a class act. Really hope he's still in a Pollok jersey next season.

Hanlon is a wee corner boy ned in a football shirt......

Lol

Charlie Hobbs has been at your club for years, and you call Hanlon a ned? Haven't heard a negative thing said about him also season. What's Hobbs been doing? Assaulting officials wasn't it?

Favourite away day/game - winning at Pollok and really believing that we were staying up

Favourite goal - Ewan Lindsay v Sauchie, as sweet a connection you'll ever see

Best result - I wasn't at the game but 4 0 away to Hurlford wasn't too shabby

Worst moment - half time at Johnstone Burgh in the Scottish and trailing 4 1

Enjoyed watching Craig Little, big fella didn't always play well but you could see his confidence and enjoyment of the game returning

Lol

Charlie Hobbs has been at your club for years, and you call Hanlon a ned? Haven't heard a negative thing said about him also season. What's Hobbs been doing? Assaulting officials wasn't it?

Charlie's sound he's just misunderstood by you lot up pollok way and he's been known to be a thorn in your side throughout the years. :)

As for the alleged assault I never saw it but the official who was involved is an antagonising embarrassment who often calls people out for square go's so he's not a great role model for any wannabe official :huh:

Your favorite away day/game ? Darvel away in our final league fixture, knowing a point was good enough for the title. Not the Winton way though, we got all three and clinched the title in style. Must have been a good few hundred Winton fans in the ground

Your favorite goal of the season ? John Johnston's 35 yard pile driver against Auchinleck at Beechwood Park. From the game below

Best result of the season in your opinion ? WOS Third Round. Auchinleck Talbot 2 Ardrossan Winton Rovers 3 . Nuff said (can't believe nobody filmed it)

Worst moment of the season for you either a game or incident that left you pissed off ? In our final game, the ET Cup semi against Blantyre. We were more than matching the hosts and actually looked the more likely, then it went pear shaped with the penalty and the goalie red carded. Although Winton fought back, they just conceded bad, avoidable goals and were soundly beaten in the end. Could have been so different with all 11 men

Who have you enjoyed watching the most for your team not necessarily the best player just someone you have enjoyed watching develop or someone you know who you have took pleasure in watching play well consistently ? Jarred Willet just goes from strength to strength. Always gets stuck in and never hides. Plenty of goals and assists

Archived