Bundesliga 2024/25

Going to Germany again in December and looking at getting to a Bundesliga game.

Original plan was Frankfurt v Leverkusen as I'll be based in Mannheim for my hockey games and it's only about 40 minutes by train. Forgot about Frankfurt being in the Europa group stages - the game I'm looking at will be Dec 15th and Frankfurt play their last Europa group game on Dec 13th. I'd expect that Saturday game to be moved to the Sunday (no use for me as I'll be at the hockey).

Stuttgart v Hertha is the obvious alternative as it;s also about 40 minutes by train from Mannheim (same train).

Any recommendations for Stuttgart? Will only be there for the football on that Saturday as I'll be in Mannheim for the rest of my trip. How easy is it to get tickets? Do they offer print at home tickets? Do they include local tram/S-Bahn travel from the hauptbahnhoff to the stadium? I think it'll be a decent game to go to and is easier than the other option as Hoffenheim looks like a bit of a pain to get to.

4 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Going to Germany again in December and looking at getting to a Bundesliga game.

Original plan was Frankfurt v Leverkusen as I'll be based in Mannheim for my hockey games and it's only about 40 minutes by train. Forgot about Frankfurt being in the Europa group stages - the game I'm looking at will be Dec 15th and Frankfurt play their last Europa group game on Dec 13th. I'd expect that Saturday game to be moved to the Sunday (no use for me as I'll be at the hockey).

Stuttgart v Hertha is the obvious alternative as it;s also about 40 minutes by train from Mannheim (same train).

Any recommendations for Stuttgart? Will only be there for the football on that Saturday as I'll be in Mannheim for the rest of my trip. How easy is it to get tickets? Do they offer print at home tickets? Do they include local tram/S-Bahn travel from the hauptbahnhoff to the stadium? I think it'll be a decent game to go to and is easier than the other option as Hoffenheim looks like a bit of a pain to get to.

For Hertha, will be easy to get tickets. Print@home is available acc. the general ticketing info page on the  web-site. Think they'll also despatch overseas as well. The usual all suburban trains, trams & buses are included from 3 hours prior to k/o till 5 the following morning.

From the Hbf then S1 to Neckar Park Mercedes Benz, S2 or S3 to Bad Cannstatt or U11 to Neckar Park Stadion.

Plenty of places for a beer / Glühwein around the stadium, which is one of the better ones for attending a game (speaking as an away fan).

The area around the Hbf is a massive building-site (has been for a long while).

Cheers for that.

We won't really be leaving the hbf other than to go to the game. I'll get breakfast in Mannheim in the morning and grab something to eat at the ground. Will have a beer or something too but again if I want a couple then it would be Murphy's Law in Mannheim.

I hope to eventually do Mainz, Darmstadt, Kaiserslautern, Karlsruhe and a lower league Waldof Mannheim game. This is my 3rd trip to the SAP for hockey so I'll get a few more teams done eventually. The Rhine Neckar area has a fair few options.

For Hertha, will be easy to get tickets. Print@home is available acc. the general ticketing info page on the  web-site. Think they'll also despatch overseas as well. The usual all suburban trains, trams & buses are included from 3 hours prior to k/o till 5 the following morning.
From the Hbf then S1 to Neckar Park Mercedes Benz, S2 or S3 to Bad Cannstatt or U11 to Neckar Park Stadion.
Plenty of places for a beer / Glühwein around the stadium, which is one of the better ones for attending a game (speaking as an away fan).
The area around the Hbf is a massive building-site (has been for a long while).
I can second that. I was lucky enough to get tickets for Berlin derby when Hertha were in Bundesliga 2 and it was easy to book tickets. Great atmosphere around the ground.

That penalty decision was a disgrace. Ribery tries to hurdle the defender, fakes contact and then falls over him. Defender makes no contact with the player.

As poor a penalty decision as I've seen. Disgraceful. And yet VAR didn't address the terrible penalty decision, only picking up Robben's encroachment into the area.

Bought Schalke v Bayern tickets at £100 a throw. Expensive, but by far the cheapest I found on any ticket exchange site

Avoid theses sites like the plague. Try and deal directly with the clubs.

1st game-day of the BL1. Trip to Bremen for a Nord-Derby with just under 4.000 other H96 fans in attendance.
With club president Martin Kind‘s attempt to bypass the 50 plus 1 rule getting rejected by the DFL, the ‚relationship‘ between the club & various fan groups has become less confrontational, so the Ultras were in full voice.
In saying that, was a fairly mediocre game. New signing Hendrik Weydandt (from the 4th/5th tier), put H96 in front in the 76th minute. H96 unable to see the game out with Bremen getting the equaliser with 5 minutes to go.

Next up Dortmund at home on Friday night IMG_4326.jpgIMG_4330.jpg