Bath Jobby

I was wandering what to do with myself yesterday, ya know what it's like pre-season boredom like.

So I thought I'd go for a swim, I walked round to Ainslie park public baths. The pool was shut so I went down the pub..

This morning I thought well me towel n trunks are still bagged, I'll check what time they open. Here's what the site says...

Please not that due to an incident in the swimming pool, Ainslie Park pool will be closed until 7.30am on Monday morning (29th June). Please contact reception on 0131 551 2400 if you have any queries. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

So it got me thinking have any of our fellow Pee n Beers managed to shut down a public baths or other convenience?

Tell us your stories?

Grimbo

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone shat in the pool at Grangemouth one time I was there - they sent the the wee autobot thing scurrying around the bottom ofthe pool to clean it all up ... mustv'e only been shut for a couple of hours tops.

The shit at Ainslie park must've been like a nuclear sub if it was shut for a day!!

How do you know it was definitely a jobby?

Well Throb, they won't shut it for pish, could be blood maybe, but that's not as funny has a turd is it?

It was only done up last year so I doubt the roof fell in?

Grimbo

I read recently that chlorine on its own doesn't sting your eyes but when it's mixed with urine, sweat and jobby it attacks it which causes the stinging.

Next time your eyes are stinging in the pool you'll know you have pish, sweat and jobbies in your eyes.

I drowned and murdered someone in a pool party at some TV presenters house years ago, Micheal something or other he was called

Obviously not Michael Barrymore's infamous escapade.

Perth swimmies used to do a Saturday night disco for under 15's or 16's. Can remember the outside pool having to close cause someone shat themselves.

I drowned and murdered someone in a pool party at some TV presenters house years ago, Micheal something or other he was called

That's not funny. Someone lost their son that night, and the whole nation lost Strike It Lucky.

Archived