Statement from Harthill

TheGothClock

What about all those Fife teams that folded when they only played league games in Fife?

The distance argument is such a strawman point of view.

It's not just a distance thing IMO, it's a lack of interest in the general public. I know loads of people who would be interested in say, lochore v lochgelly or lochore v rosyrh but not the same interest in lochore v Blairgowrie or downfield for example. That's no disrespect to them clubs as they are both more than decent, it's merely more people interested in games between local sides. The teams in the top 2 leagues are different because the standard of football is higher.

The present set up was accepted by a big majority of the East Region clubs a couple of years ago. This was done after a debate among the clubs and many meetings over a period of of about a year and many proposals

It's not just a distance thing IMO, it's a lack of interest in the general public. I know loads of people who would be interested in say, lochore v lochgelly or lochore v rosyrh but not the same interest in lochore v Blairgowrie or downfield for example. That's no disrespect to them clubs as they are both more than decent, it's merely more people interested in games between local sides. The teams in the top 2 leagues are different because the standard of football is higher.

If that was the case then surely Lochore would have requested a switch to the South? that hasn't happened.

What so they can play 4 teams of that criteria?? I only used lochore as an example with them being one of the affected Fife teams. Lochore as a club have absolutely no problem with playing in either north or South league I'm led to believe, hence why there's been no request.

What so they can play 4 teams of that criteria?? I only used lochore as an example with them being one of the affected Fife teams. Lochore as a club have absolutely no problem with playing in either north or South league I'm led to believe, hence why there's been no request.

So what are you suggesting? a return to the old Fife League lol!

Archived