Maryhill Juniors fixture-date change..

catcoach

Maryhill Juniors will now play Petershill Juniors in their pre-season friendly at Lochburn Park on Tuesday, August 4 at 7pm - 24 hours earlier than planned.

BSC Glasgow have been given a league fixture at Lochburn on the original Wednesday date.

Will be watching Maryhill friendly and sectional cup results with interest. Heard decent things about them this preseason. Thinking of putting them on my annual league winners accumulator.

Always had soft spot for them as my gran is from there and a relative played for them in the 50s and they have a nice strip!

Will be watching Maryhill friendly and sectional cup results with interest. Heard decent things about them this preseason. Thinking of putting them on my annual league winners accumulator.

Always had soft spot for them as my gran played for them in the 50s and they have a nice strip!

Quite the sporting family,RRG. :)

Does broomhill get priority over the pitch? That seems a few times Maryhill have changed days for there fixtures due 2 broomhill having a game on same day

Mon the papers

Only Maryhill officials could answer that. On the subject of friendlies, after playing Maryhill on August 4, they have arranged another pre-season away to Newmains on Friday, August 7.

Does broomhill get priority over the pitch? That seems a few times Maryhill have changed days for there fixtures due 2 broomhill having a game on same day

Mon the papers

No. What we do have is a good relationship with them as groundshare partners, and in this case we were happy to accommodate them, as a scheduled league fixture rightly trumps a pre-season friendly - in this case Petershill were also content to move it forward 24 hours, so no biggie.

This seems to come up regularly, and I can only reiterate my response from the last time this was asked which will hopefully put it to bed:

"Absolutely not the case, although what they DO have is a fixture list announced more than a week in advance, which therefore means they'll more often than not have notification of a date they'll need the park before we do.

It's less problematic with two Junior teams groundsharing because the same fixtures secretary is compiling both teams' games and will more likely than not remember not to give them a home game the same day, but the West Region have forgotten the fact we're groundsharing with a Lowland side on several occasions this season with fixtures arranged months in advance which has led to confusion each time."

No. What we do have is a good relationship with them as groundshare partners, and in this case we were happy to accommodate them, as a scheduled league fixture rightly trumps a pre-season friendly - in this case Petershill were also content to move it forward 24 hours, so no biggie.

This seems to come up regularly, and I can only reiterate my response from the last time this was asked which will hopefully put it to bed:

"Absolutely not the case, although what they DO have is a fixture list announced more than a week in advance, which therefore means they'll more often than not have notification of a date they'll need the park before we do.

It's less problematic with two Junior teams groundsharing because the same fixtures secretary is compiling both teams' games and will more likely than not remember not to give them a home game the same day, but the West Region have forgotten the fact we're groundsharing with a Lowland side on several occasions this season with fixtures arranged months in advance which has led to confusion each time."

cheers look forward 2 playing use in sectional heard mick is doing a good job there. Nice guy

Mon the papers

Maryhill have a strong squad looking at them, Jamie Docherty, ex Largs guys coyle, Monaghan, Walton, also Shaun Fraser ex ashfield when they were in the premier and a handful of promising 21s.

Anyone got a full squad list? As just put them down as league winners and been advising a few others to do the same!

Maryhill have a strong squad looking at them, Jamie Docherty, ex Largs guys coyle, Monaghan, Walton, also Shaun Fraser ex ashfield when they were in the premier and a handful of promising 21s.

Anyone got a full squad list? As just put them down as league winners and been advising a few others to do the same!

Here's how it stands at the moment - hopefully not forgotten anybody...

Grant Hay

Deji Akinyemi

Joe Beckley

Andy Banks

Eddie Walton

David Quinn

Paul Mclernon

Luke Tolland

Paul Coyle

Alan Orr

Kieran Furay

Mick McKay

Paul Callander

Frankie Owens

Craig Ferguson (player/coach)

Justin Begg

Andy Monaghan

Shaun Fraser

Jamie Docherty

Might still be another couple to come...

Thanks will be getting some info on a few i don't know to make sure my bet has a good shout. 5 players i mentioned should bring a lot to your team this season.

Your form from March till the end of the reason was really good so bodes well for this season coming.

Archived