A new chapter... Hamilton Accies VS Partick Thistle

One of those games which posed more questions than it answered. Accies had some decent passages of play but just couldn't find that break to seal all 3 points. Ali Crawford was decent and Thistle created about two chances, one in each half. From that it is hard to judge their defensive capabilities. McGovern didn't even get his gloves dirty.

On the reverse it is hard to judge Thistle's play going forward but I was impressed with Cerny, Lindsay, Hendry and Booth. Could turn out to be a useful exercise with Celtic up next.

Bottom line is Thistle are much happier with the point as NDP could prove a difficult place for away teams this season if the new signings can get bedded in quickly.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bottom line is Thistle are much happier with the point as NDP could prove a difficult place for away teams this season if the new signings can get bedded in quickly.

Most teams will beat us at NDP this season , we will struggle for goals and against eleven men will more than likely crack , will there be a worse team in the league to save us(from automatic relegation) can only hope .

Most teams will beat us at NDP this season , we will struggle for goals and against eleven men will more than likely crack , will there be a worse team in the league to save us(from automatic relegation) can only hope .

Thank f**k for Killie then.

Most seasons start like this with new players learning how to play in a new team. Accies have failed to score in their opening game in every Premier season apart from 2008 with a 3-1 win over Dundee Utd. There will be many twists and turns throughout the season. I notice 6 of the 12 teams in the league failed to score this weekend, in fact the only home teams to score were Celtic and Hearts.

I was encouraged by Lucas , Kurakins, Nade, Kurtaj, Crawford and Docherty. Less impressed by Imrie and Longridge.

The main issue is who supports Nade and where will the goals come from but I think the answer will come a variety of positions.

Lucas is a threat in the air, Docherty and Crawford have proved they can score, time will tell if Kurtaj can add goals.

My still have McKinnon, Ryan , Redmond and Brophy to return from suspension and injury.

There also appears to be squad place to fill wearing no 9, which is becoming a bit of a mystery with the Spanish guy's signing not yet confirmed.

Reading accies fans posts can be really tiring sometimes. The general consensus is Canning will never improve and we're the worst team in the league, what's the point of going on, its apparently inevitable we'll be relegated, so what's the point, let's just resign from the league and save everyone time and money.

Just out of interest, why did Cerny leave Hibs? Did he refuse to sign a new contract with them or was he surplus to requirements? I know Cerny has previous for refusing to sign new deals (with us and CSKA Sofia). but surely the Hibs management team thought he was good enough?

Bit harsh. Seeing as we banned him from the stadium and make him pick up his stuff from Hamilton Services (if memory serves. It may have been Bothwell Services).

Bit harsh. Seeing as we banned him from the stadium and make him pick up his stuff from Hamilton Services (if memory serves. It may have been Bothwell Services).

Fair enough! I should have said 'rumoured' as that's what I heard and because he refused to sign a new deal after the club paying a high transfer fee to bring him here they banned him from returning for his belongings. It's disgraceful the way they treated him whatever events happened.

The club obviously tried to recoup some of the reputed £180,000 record transfer fee we paid for him when we got relegated. It was widely anticipated that he would go during the January transfer window but he got a shoulder injury in the Morton away game. Supposedly the club wanted him to have an operation but he refused wanting to wait for the close season. Anyway Ronnie/Les had a hissy fit and Scott struthers was despatched to Bothwell services to hand over his gear. Sad way to finish but will always be a great goalie for accies. Up there with Rickie Ferguson.

Archived